Ole Petter F Clausen
Affiliation: Rikshospitalet University Hospital
- A strategy combining flow sorting and comparative genomic hybridization for studying genetic aberrations at different stages of colorectal tumorigenesis in ulcerative colitisO P Clausen
Institute of Pathology, The National Hospital, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Cytometry 43:46-54. 2001..Therefore, it is of particular interest to study genetic aberrations behind DNA aneuploidization during colorectal carcinogenesis. We wanted to elucidate further the relationship between mucosal morphology and DNA aberrations in UC...
- Keratoacanthomas frequently show chromosomal aberrations as assessed by comparative genomic hybridizationOle Petter F Clausen
Institute and Department of Pathology, University of Oslo, Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
J Invest Dermatol 119:1367-72. 2002....
- Are keratoacanthomas variants of squamous cell carcinomas? A comparison of chromosomal aberrations by comparative genomic hybridizationOle Petter F Clausen
Institute and Department of Pathology, Rikshospitalet, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
J Invest Dermatol 126:2308-15. 2006..0434). The patterns of recurrent aberrations were also different in the two types of neoplasms, pointing to different genetic mechanisms involved in their developments...
- Intestinal-type and pancreatobiliary-type adenocarcinomas: how does ampullary carcinoma differ from other periampullary malignancies?Arne Westgaard
Department of Oncology, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Ann Surg Oncol 20:430-9. 2013..We evaluated whether the histologic type itself is more important for long-term survival than the fact that the tumor originated in the ampulla...
- Pancreatobiliary versus intestinal histologic type of differentiation is an independent prognostic factor in resected periampullary adenocarcinomaArne Westgaard
Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, 0027 Oslo, Norway
BMC Cancer 8:170. 2008....
- Spindle proteins in resected pancreatic head adenocarcinomas: BubR1 is an independent prognostic factor in pancreatobiliary-type tumoursIvar P Gladhaug
Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, and Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Histopathology 56:345-55. 2010..Dysfunction of these proteins is implicated in the development of many cancers. The aim was to examine their possible prognostic impact in resected adenocarcinomas in the pancreatic head...
- Prognostic relevance of number and ratio of metastatic lymph nodes in resected pancreatic, ampullary, and distal bile duct carcinomasEwa Pomianowska
Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, and Department of Hepato pancreato biliary Surgery, Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Ann Surg Oncol 20:233-41. 2013..Ampullary (AC), biliary (DBC), and pancreatic (PC) adenocarcinomas are biologically distinct, and nodal involvement may have different prognostic importance among these separate cancers...
- Survival estimates after pancreatoduodenectomy skewed by non-standardized histopathology reportsArne Westgaard
Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo, Norway
APMIS 119:689-700. 2011..Lymph node involvement and histological type are independent prognostic factors after pancreatoduodenectomy for adenocarcinoma...
- Correlation between reduced expression of the spindle checkpoint protein BubR1 and bad prognosis in tonsillar carcinomasKirsten Hannisdal
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Head Neck 32:1354-62. 2010..The aim of the present study was to examine their possible impact on prognosis in tonsillar carcinomas and their relation to clinical variables, the prevalence of human papillomavirus (HPV), p53 status, and Ki-67 positivity...
- Are survival predictions reliable? Hospital volume versus standardisation of histopathologic reporting for accuracy of survival estimates after pancreatoduodenectomy for adenocarcinomaArne Westgaard
University of Oslo, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo 0027, Norway
Eur J Cancer 45:2850-9. 2009..018). Standardised evaluation was more important than hospital volume for completeness of histopathologic reporting and for accuracy of survival estimates...
- Differentiation markers in pancreatic head adenocarcinomas: MUC1 and MUC4 expression indicates poor prognosis in pancreatobiliary differentiated tumoursArne Westgaard
Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Histopathology 54:337-47. 2009....
- Reduced hTERT protein levels are associated with DNA aneuploidy in the colonic mucosa of patients suffering from longstanding ulcerative colitisMariann Friis-Ottessen
Division of Diagnostics and Intervention, Department of Pathology, Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet, 0424 Oslo, Norway
Int J Mol Med 33:1477-83. 2014....
- Resectable adenocarcinomas in the pancreatic head: the retroperitoneal resection margin is an independent prognostic factorArne Westgaard
Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, 0027 Oslo, Norway
BMC Cancer 8:5. 2008..The aim of the study was to determine whether retroperitoneal margin involvement independently predicts survival after pancreaticoduodenectomy within a framework of standardized assessment of the resected specimens...
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)-positive tonsillar carcinomas are frequent and have a favourable prognosis in males in NorwayKirsten Hannisdal
Department of Oto Rhino Laryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Acta Otolaryngol 130:293-9. 2010..This study confirms a high prevalence of human papillomavirus (HPV)-positive tonsillar tumours (52%). The survival of the HPV-positive group was significantly better in males...
- Subcellular localization of the spindle proteins Aurora A, Mad2, and BUBR1 assessed by immunohistochemistryEspen Burum-Auensen
The Pathology Clinic, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Center, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
J Histochem Cytochem 55:477-86. 2007....
- Telomere shortening correlates to dysplasia but not to DNA aneuploidy in longstanding ulcerative colitisMariann Friis-Ottessen
Department of Pathology, Division of Diagnostics and Intervention, Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
BMC Gastroenterol 14:8. 2014..Specifically, the abrupt shortening of one or more telomeres to a critical length, rather than bulk shortening of telomeres, seems to be associated with chromosomal instability...
- Correlation of numerical aberrations of chromosomes X and 11 and poor prognosis in squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neckXin Xie
Department of Otolaryngology, Institute of Pathology, Rikshospitalet, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 132:511-5. 2006..To investigate the prognostic significance of chromosomal aberrations of chromosomes X and 11 in relation to disease-specific survival in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma...
- Spindle proteins are differentially expressed in the various histological subtypes of testicular germ cell tumorsEspen Burum-Auensen
Division of Pathology, Medical Faculty, University of Oslo, Rikshospitalet, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
J Carcinog 9:1. 2010..The importance of these spindle proteins remains unknown in the development of TGCTs, thus we have explored the expression levels of these proteins in normal and malignant testicular tissues...
- Inflammatory bowel disease in patients with primary sclerosing cholangitis: clinical characterization in liver transplanted and nontransplanted patientsKristin Kaasen Jørgensen
Norwegian PSC Research Center, Clinic for Specialized Medicine and Surgery, Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Inflamm Bowel Dis 18:536-45. 2012..We aimed to describe the clinical, endoscopic, and histopathologic features of PSC-IBD in liver-transplanted and nontransplanted patients...
- Increased activity of matrix metalloproteinase 2 and 9 after hepatic radiofrequency ablationLars Frich
The Interventional Centre, Department of Surgery, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
J Surg Res 135:297-304. 2006..The primary aim of the study was to determine if hepatic RF ablation increased MMP-2 and MMP-9 activity in the transition zone surrounding the coagulated hepatic tissue...
- Bag-1 expression as a prognostic factor in tongue squamous cell carcinomasXin Xie
Department of Otolaryngology, Institute for Pathology, Rikshospitalet, University of Oslo, 0027 Oslo, Norway
Laryngoscope 114:1785-90. 2004..To investigate the prognostic significance of the antiapoptotic protein Bag-1. In addition, the relationship between Bag-1 expression, other apoptosis-related and proliferative parameters...
- Prognostic value of Bak expression in oral tongue squamous cell carcinomasXin Xie
Department of Otolaryngology, Rikshospitalet, University of Oslo, N 0027 Oslo, Norway
Oncol Rep 10:369-74. 2003..0001) when compared with single parameters. We conclude that Bak expression, particularly in combination with Bax expression, as well as in combination with AI, or p53 accumulation, has prognostic value in tongue SCC...
- Prognostic significance of p21WAF1/CIP1 expression in tongue squamous cell carcinomasXin Xie
Department of Otolaryngology and the Institute for Pathology, The National Hospital, University of Oslo, Norway
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 128:897-902. 2002....
- Identification of human papillomavirus in keratoacanthomasOla Forslund
Department of Medical Microbiology, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, SE 20502 Malmo, Sweden
J Cutan Pathol 30:423-9. 2003..Keratoacanthomas are benign, clinically distinct skin tumors that may infiltrate and show cellular atypia. A viral etiology has been suggested, and the aim was to search for human papillomavirus (HPV) in keratoacanthomas...