Siamak P Yazdankhah
Affiliation: Norwegian Institute of Public Health
- Neisseria meningitidis: an overview of the carriage stateSiamak P Yazdankhah
Department of Airborne Infections, Division of Infectious Disease Control, Norwegian Institute of Public Health, PO Box 4404 Nydalen, NO 0403 Oslo, Norway
J Med Microbiol 53:821-32. 2004..The high diversity of meningococcal carrier strains, compared with hypervirulent strains, supports the idea that transmissibility, not invasion, is essential in the life cycle of N. meningitidis...
- Use of variable-number tandem repeats to examine genetic diversity of Neisseria meningitidisSiamak P Yazdankhah
Division of Infectious Disease Control, Norwegian Institute of Public Health, P O Box 4404, Nydalen, N 0403 Oslo, Norway
J Clin Microbiol 43:1699-705. 2005..The method might be especially valuable for differentiating among ST-11 strains, as shown by the VNTR analyses of serogroup W135 ST-11 meningococcal isolates recovered since the mid-1990s...
- Triclosan and antimicrobial resistance in bacteria: an overviewSiamak P Yazdankhah
Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety, NO 0403 Oslo, Norway
Microb Drug Resist 12:83-90. 2006..Thus, widespread use of triclosan may represent a potential public health risk in regard to development of concomitant resistance to clinically important antimicrobials...
- Fusidic acid resistance, mediated by fusB, in bovine coagulase-negative staphylococciSiamak P Yazdankhah
Department of Food Safety and Infection Biology, The Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, Oslo, Norway
J Antimicrob Chemother 58:1254-6. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine the occurrence of fusidic acid resistance, mediated by the fusB gene, among coagulase-negative staphylococci (CoNS) isolated from bovine mastitis...
- Variable-number tandem repeat analysis of meningococcal isolates belonging to the sequence type 162 complexSiamak P Yazdankhah
Department of Airborne Infections, Division of Infectious Disease Control, Norwegian Institute of Public Health, Nydalen, Oslo, Norway
J Clin Microbiol 43:4865-7. 2005..Our study demonstrated that the isolates belonging to the ST-162 clonal complex were a heterogeneous group. Based on this heterogeneity, it is unlikely that the disease-associated isolates represent an outbreak...
- Distribution of serogroups and genotypes among disease-associated and carried isolates of Neisseria meningitidis from the Czech Republic, Greece, and NorwaySiamak P Yazdankhah
Department of Airborne Infections, Division of Infectious Disease Control, Norwegian Institute of Public Health, P.O. Box 4404 Nydalen, NO-0403 Oslo, Norway
J Clin Microbiol 42:5146-53. 2004..Further, they indicated that differences in genotype diversity and pathogenicity exist between meningococcal clone complexes...
- Variable number tandem repeat typing of bacteriaSiamak P Yazdankhah
Methods Mol Biol 396:395-405. 2007..enterica serovars Typhimurium-based on high resolution capillary electrophoresis...