Affiliation: Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Individual heterogeneity in vital parameters and demographic stochasticityYngvild Vindenes
Centre for Conservation Biology, Department of Biology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
Am Nat 171:455-67. 2008..Thus, we provide a general theoretical framework for analyzing how individual heterogeneity caused by different biological mechanisms affects fluctuations of especially small populations...
- Poor environmental tracking can make extinction risk insensitive to the colour of environmental noiseMartijn Van de Pol
Department of Biology, Centre for Conservation Biology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology NTNU, 7491 Trondheim, Norway
Proc Biol Sci 278:3713-22. 2011..Consequently, ignoring environmental autocorrelation in population viability analysis could be less problematic than generally thought...
- Integral projection models for finite populations in a stochastic environmentYngvild Vindenes
Centre for Conservation Biology, Department of Biology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, N 7491 Trondheim, Norway
Ecology 92:1146-56. 2011..g., climate change or different management decisions. Our results are especially relevant for small populations that are often of conservation concern...
- Fixation of slightly beneficial mutations: effects of life historyYngvild Vindenes
Center for Conservation Biology, Department of Biology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, N 7491 Trondheim, Norway
Evolution 64:1063-75. 2010..The demographic variance also determines what influence population size has on the fixation probability. This model represents a substantial generalization of earlier models, covering a large range of life histories...
- Effects of demographic structure on key properties of stochastic density-independent population dynamicsYngvild Vindenes
Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis, Department of Biology, University of Oslo, Norway
Theor Popul Biol 82:253-63. 2012..Comparison across different types of demographic structure reveals that the reproductive value is an essential concept for understanding how population structure affects stochastic dynamics and extinction risk...
- Effects of climate change and variability on population dynamics in a long-lived shorebirdMartijn Van de Pol
Centre for Conservation Biology, Department of Biology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology NTNU, NO 7491 Trondheim, Norway
Ecology 91:1192-204. 2010..Disturbingly, such data are unavailable for most species of conservation concern...