S H Torp
Affiliation: Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Expression and clinical significance of the proliferation marker minichromosome maintenance protein 2 (Mcm2) in diffuse astrocytomas WHO grade IITove Lind-Landström
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Children s and Women s Health, Faculty of Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
Diagn Pathol 8:67. 2013..For that reason there is a continuous search for biomarkers that can improve the histopathological diagnosis and prognostication of these tumours...
- Evaluation of the proliferation markers Ki-67/MIB-1, mitosin, survivin, pHH3, and DNA topoisomerase IIα in human anaplastic astrocytomas--an immunohistochemical studyAndreas H Habberstad
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Children s and Women s Health, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
Diagn Pathol 6:43. 2011..Estimation of proliferative activity has gained much enthusiasm, and the present study was designed to evaluate and compare novel immunohistochemical proliferative markers in human anaplastic astrocytomas...
- Overexpression of c-erbB2 is a negative prognostic factor in anaplastic astrocytomasSasha Gulati
Department of Neurosurgery, St Olavs University Hospital, Trondheim, Norway
Diagn Pathol 5:18. 2010..The synchronous overexpression of c-erbB1-4 proteins in anaplastic astrocytomas supports their role in the pathogenesis of these tumors. Further, c-erbB2 overexpression seems to predict aggressive behaviour...
- Coexpression of c-erbB 1-4 receptor proteins in human glioblastomas. An immunohistochemical studyS H Torp
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology NTNU, St Olav s University Hospital, Trondheim, Norway
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 26:353-9. 2007..In conclusion, immunohistochemistry is well suited for detection of erb receptor proteins in glioblastoma tissue and demonstrated abundant and simultaneous immunoreactivity of these receptors...
- Surgical resection of high-grade gliomas in eloquent regions guided by blood oxygenation level dependent functional magnetic resonance imaging, diffusion tensor tractography, and intraoperative navigated 3D ultrasoundS Gulati
Department of Neurosurgery, St Olavs Hospital, Trondheim, Norway
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 52:17-24. 2009....
- Ability of navigated 3D ultrasound to delineate gliomas and metastases--comparison of image interpretations with histopathologyG Unsgaard
Department of Neurosurgery, St Olav University Hospital, Trondheim, Norway
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 147:1259-69; discussion 1269. 2005..The system also enabled concomitant comparison of navigated preoperative MR with histopathology...
- Prognostic significance of Ki-67/MIB-1 proliferation index in meningiomasS H Torp
Department of Pathology and Medical Genetics, Laboratory Medicine, Children s and Women s Health, St Olav s, Trondheim, Norway
Clin Neuropathol 24:170-4. 2005..In conclusion, MIB-1 PI appears as an important prognostic factor and should be used in combination with traditional histological criteria for malignancy in order to identify meningiomas with increased risk of recurrence...
- Immunohistochemical detection of epidermal growth factor receptor in human high-grade astrocytomas--a comparison between frozen- and paraffin sectionsS H Torp
Dept of Pathology and Medical Genetics, St Olav s Hospital, Norway
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 24:89-92. 2005....
- Hypergastrinaemia induced by partial corpectomy results in development of enterochromaffin-like cell carcinoma in male Japanese cotton ratsR Fossmark
Department of Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim
Scand J Gastroenterol 39:919-26. 2004..The purpose of the present study was to investigate whether induced hypergastrinaemia in male cotton rats would also result in carcinomas...
- Diagnostic and prognostic role of Ki67 immunostaining in human astrocytomas using four different antibodiesS H Torp
Section of Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine, St Olav s Hospital, University Hospital, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
Clin Neuropathol 21:252-7. 2002..The aim of this study was therefore to investigate whether different Ki67 antibodies could assist in the diagnostic and prognostic evaluation of these tumors...
- Proliferative activity in human glioblastomas assessed by various techniquesS H Torp
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology
APMIS 109:865-9. 2001..Under all circumstances, proliferation markers should be used in combination with established histopathological criteria for malignancy in these tumours...
- Comparative investigation of proliferation markers and their prognostic relevance in human meningiomasS H Torp
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, University Hospital, Trondheim
Clin Neuropathol 20:190-5. 2001....
- Determination of proliferation index in neoplasms using different Ki-67 equivalent antibodiesC F Lindboe
Department of Pathology, Vest Agder Hospital, Kristiansand, Norway
APMIS 111:567-70. 2003..As these findings may be of importance when the Ki-67 labelling index is used as a criterion for tumour grading or for clinical prognostication, this necessitate identification of the antibody used in every case...
- Comparison of Ki-67 equivalent antibodiesC F Lindboe
Department of Pathology, Vest Agder Central Hospital, N 4604 Kristiansand, Norway
J Clin Pathol 55:467-71. 2002..To compare commercially available Ki-67 equivalent antibodies with regard to qualitative and quantitative immunohistochemical staining characteristics...
- Spontaneous enterochromaffin-like cell carcinomas in cotton rats (Sigmodon hispidus) are prevented by a somatostatin analogueR Fossmark
Department of Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, MTFS, Olav Kyrres gt 3, N 7489 Trondheim, Norway
Endocr Relat Cancer 11:149-60. 2004..The malignant tissue also contained groups of cells with Sevier-Munger staining. In conclusion, octreotide prevented ECL cell carcinomas in hypergastrinaemic cotton rats without lowering the gastrin concentration...
- Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy in a lymphoma patient with complete remission after treatment with cytostatics and rituximab: case report and review of the literatureS G Freim Wahl
Department of Pathology and Medical Genetics, St Olav Hospital, Norway
Clin Neuropathol 26:68-73. 2007..These findings were consistent with progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML). This is one of recent reports on PML occurring in a patient treated with the anti-20 monoclonal antibody rituximab...