Affiliation: Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Development and delivery of patient treatment in the Trondheim Hip Fracture Trial. A new geriatric in-hospital pathway for elderly patients with hip fractureIngvild Saltvedt
Department of Geriatrics, St, Olav Hospital, University Hospital of Trondheim, Trondheim, Norway
BMC Res Notes 5:355. 2012....
- Validation of Doloplus-2 among nonverbal nursing home patients--an evaluation of Doloplus-2 in a clinical settingKarin Torvik
Faculty of Nursing, Oslo University College, Oslo, Norway
BMC Geriatr 10:9. 2010..The purposes of this study were to examine the use of Doloplus-2 in a nonverbal nursing home population, and to evaluate its reliability and validity by comparing registered nurses' estimation of pain with Doloplus-2 scores...
- Risk-reducing effect of education in Alzheimer's diseaseSigrid Botne Sando
Department of Neuroscience, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 23:1156-62. 2008..To estimate the effect of education on the risk of Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Randomised trial of in-hospital geriatric intervention: impact on function and moraleIngvild Saltvedt
Division of Internal Medicine, Section of Geriatrics, St Olavs University Hospital, Trondheim, Norway
Gerontology 52:223-30. 2006....
- Patterns of drug prescription in a geriatric evaluation and management unit as compared with the general medical wards: a randomised studyIngvild Saltvedt
Section of Geriatrics, Division of Medicine, St Olavs University Hospital, Trondheim, Norway
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 61:921-8. 2005..This study's objective was to determine whether patients treated in a geriatric evaluation and management unit (GEMU) had a more appropriate drug profile than patients treated in the general medical wards (MW)...
- Effect of in-hospital comprehensive geriatric assessment (CGA) in older people with hip fracture. The protocol of the Trondheim Hip Fracture trialOlav Sletvold
Department of Geriatrics, St Olav Hospital, University Hospital of Trondheim, Norway
BMC Geriatr 11:18. 2011....
- Unwanted incidents during transition of geriatric patients from hospital to home: a prospective observational studyMarianne Mesteig
Department of Clinical Service, St, Olavs University Hospital, Olav Kyrres gt 17, Trondheim, Norway
BMC Health Serv Res 10:1. 2010..Only unwanted incidents with a severity making contact with the primary health care (PHC) necessary were registered...
- Long-chain n-3 fatty acids and mortality in elderly patientsMorten Lindberg
Department of Medical Biochemistry, St Olavs Hospital, Trondheim University Hospital, Trondheim, Norway
Am J Clin Nutr 88:722-9. 2008..The evidence is firm for coronary heart disease, less certain for stroke, and only speculative for other diseases. The impact of these fatty acids on mortality among acutely sick elderly patients is unknown...
- APOE epsilon 4 lowers age at onset and is a high risk factor for Alzheimer's disease; a case control study from central NorwaySigrid B Sando
Department of Neuroscience, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
BMC Neurol 8:9. 2008....
- Acute geriatric intervention increases the number of patients able to live at home. A prospective randomized studyIngvild Saltvedt
Section of Geriatrics, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Trondheim, Trondheim, Norway
Aging Clin Exp Res 16:300-6. 2004..The aim of this presentation was to study the impact of treatment in a GEMU on health care utilization...
- Doloplus-2, a valid tool for behavioural pain assessment?Jacob C Hølen
Pain and Palliation Research Group, Department of Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
BMC Geriatr 7:29. 2007..Our objectives were to test the criterion validity and inter-rater reliability of the Doloplus-2, and to explore a design for validations of behavioural pain assessment tools...