A H Ree
Affiliation: Norwegian Radium Hospital
- Expression of a novel factor in human breast cancer cells with metastatic potentialA H Ree
Department of Tumor Biology, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo
Cancer Res 59:4675-80. 1999..Hence, our experimental approach identified factors that may mediate the growth response of tumor cells upon establishment in a secondary organ and, thereby, contribute to the metastatic phenotype...
- Regulation of matrix metalloproteinase-1 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 in MCF-7 cells: comparison with regulatory mechanisms of pS2 expressionA H Ree
Department of Tumor Biology, Institute for Cancer Research, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo
Clin Exp Metastasis 14:381-8. 1996..0 microM) and CHX (50 microM). These data suggest that activation of PKC but not of PKA may induce transcription of MMP-1 and TIMP-1, possibly by the synthesis of transcription factor(s), in transformed cells of epithelial origin...
- High levels of messenger RNAs for tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMP-1 and TIMP-2) in primary breast carcinomas are associated with development of distant metastasesA H Ree
Departments of Tumor Biology and Pathology, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, and Hormone Laboratory, Aker Hospital, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Clin Cancer Res 3:1623-8. 1997..The present data suggest that high levels of TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 mRNAs in the primary carcinomas are strongly associated with development of metastasis in breast cancer...
- Expression of a novel factor, com1, in early tumor progression of breast cancerA H Ree
Department of Tumor Biology, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Montebello, Oslo
Clin Cancer Res 6:1778-83. 2000..We therefore assume that com1 may mediate some growth-promoting function early in development of the primary breast carcinoma, but not in later stages of tumorigenesis or metastasis...
- Regulation of tissue-degrading factors and in vitro invasiveness in progression of breast cancer cellsA H Ree
Department of Tumor Biology, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Institute of Medical Biochemistry, Oslo
Clin Exp Metastasis 16:205-15. 1998..These data suggest that TPA-responsive in vitro invasive properties that are probably associated with PAI-1 expression may co-vary with progression from hormone-dependent to -independent breast cancer...
- Human hepatoma cells rich in P-glycoprotein display enhanced in vitro invasive properties compared to P-glycoprotein-poor hepatoma cellsK Bjørnland
Institute for Surgical Research, National Hospital Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Oncol Res 10:255-62. 1998..These data suggest that overexpression of Pgp in these hepatoma cells may covariate with the phenotypes of both enhanced in vitro invasiveness and high PAI-1 expression, whether randomly acquired or not...
- Calcium/phospholipid-dependent protein kinases in rat Sertoli cells: regulation of androgen receptor messenger ribonucleic acidA H Ree
Institute of Medical Biochemistry, Department of Tumor Biology, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Montebello, Oslo, Norway
Biol Reprod 60:1257-62. 1999..These data suggest that Sertoli cell responses to testosterone may be inhibited by a transiently active PKC with a wide intracellular distribution...
- Regulation of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 in rat Sertoli cells: induction by germ cell residual bodies, interleukin-1alpha, and second messengersL M Grønning
Institute of Medical Biochemistry, University of Oslo, N 0317 Oslo, Norway
Biol Reprod 62:1040-6. 2000....
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinases and the metastasis-associated gene S100A4 in human neuroblastoma and primitive neuroectodermal tumor cellsK Bjørnland
Institute for Surgical Research and the Department of Pediatric Surgery, The National Hospital, Oslo, Norway
J Pediatr Surg 36:1040-4. 2001..Furthermore, S100A4 levels were determined because recent reports have suggested a possible association between MMPs, TIMPs, and the metastasis-associated gene S100A4...
- 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 alters the effect of cAMP in thyroid cells by increasing the regulatory subunit type II beta of the cAMP-dependent protein kinaseJ P Berg
Hormone Laboratory, Aker Hospital, Oslo, Norway
J Biol Chem 269:32233-8. 1994..In conclusion, 1,25-(OH)2D3 attenuates both PKAI formation and PKAI-stimulated iodide uptake in rat thyroid FRTL-5 cells by increasing the level of RII beta without altering the other PKA subunit levels...
- Identification and characterization of TESK2, a novel member of the LIMK/TESK family of protein kinases, predominantly expressed in testisO Røsok
Department of Immunology, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Montebello, N 0310 Oslo, Norway
Genomics 61:44-54. 1999..5 kb. However, the transcript was first detectable in rat testis after day 30 of postnatal development and was predominantly expressed in round spermatids. These observations suggest that TESK2 plays an important role in spermatogenesis...
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinase-2 in serous borderline ovarian tumors is associated with noninvasive implant formationT Paulsen
Cancer Registry of Norway, Oslo
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 28:356-63. 2007....