- Timing of bud set in Picea abies is regulated by a memory of temperature during zygotic and somatic embryogenesisHarald Kvaalen
Norwegian Forest and Landscape Institute, PO Box 115, NO 1431 As, Norway
New Phytol 177:49-59. 2008..This in turn counteracts negative effects of gene flow among populations located along altitudinal and latitudinal gradients...
- Spatial patterns in hyphal growth and substrate exploitation within norway spruce stems colonized by the pathogenic white-rot fungus Heterobasidion parviporumAri M Hietala
Norwegian Forest and Landscape Institute, As, Norway
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:4069-78. 2009..Finally, the enhanced production of the hyphal sheath may be instrumental in lateral expansion of the decay column beyond the reaction zone boundary...
- Multiplex real-time PCR for monitoring Heterobasidion annosum colonization in Norway spruce clones that differ in disease resistanceAri M Hietala
Skogforsk, 1432 As, Norway
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:4413-20. 2003..Thus, the real-time PCR assay gives better resolution than does the traditionally used lesion length measurement when screening host clones for resistance...
- Temporal and spatial profiles of chitinase expression by norway spruce in response to bark colonization by Heterobasidion annosumAri M Hietala
Skogforsk, Høgskoleveien 12, 1432 As, Norway
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:3948-53. 2004....
- Changes in host chitinase isoforms in relation to wounding and colonization by Heterobasidion annosum: early and strong defense response in 33-year-old resistant Norway spruce cloneCarl Gunnar Fossdal
Norwegian Forest Research Institute, Høgskoleveien 8, N 1432, As, Norway
Tree Physiol 26:169-77. 2006....