Affiliation: Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Induction of labour for post-term pregnancy and risk estimates for intrauterine and perinatal deathRuna Heimstad
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Olavs Hospital, Trondheim University Hospital, Norway
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 87:247-9. 2008..Beyond term there is increased risk of intrauterine fetal death (IUFD) and perinatal death, and we aimed to assess this risk beyond 41 weeks and estimate numbers needed to treat to avoid 1 fetal or neonatal death...
- Metformin versus placebo from first trimester to delivery in polycystic ovary syndrome: a randomized, controlled multicenter studyEszter Vanky
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Olav s Hospital, and Department of Public Health, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Olav Kyrres gt 16, 7006 Trondheim, Norway
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:E448-55. 2010..Metformin is widely prescribed to pregnant women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) in an attempt to reduce pregnancy complications. Metformin is not approved for this indication, and evidence for this practice is lacking...
- Fear of childbirth and history of abuse: implications for pregnancy and deliveryRuna Heimstad
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Olav s University Hospital, Trondheim, Norway
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 85:435-40. 2006..A secondary aim was to explore the relationship between these factors and pregnancy outcome...
- Outcomes of pregnancy beyond 37 weeks of gestationRuna Heimstad
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and National Center for Fetal Medicine, St Olavs Hospital, University Hospital, Trondheim, Norway
Obstet Gynecol 108:500-8. 2006..The aim of the study was to evaluate pregnancy outcomes by weeks of gestation. A second aim was to assess the outcomes in groups with spontaneous or induced labor...
- Induction of labor or serial antenatal fetal monitoring in postterm pregnancy: a randomized controlled trialRuna Heimstad
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Paediatrics, National Center for Fetal Medicine, St Olavs Hospital, Trondheim University Hospital, Trondheim, Norway
Obstet Gynecol 109:609-17. 2007..To compare induction of labor at gestational age 41 weeks with expectant management in regard to neonatal morbidity. Secondary aims were to assess the effect of these managements on mode of delivery and maternal complications...
- Women's experiences and attitudes towards expectant management and induction of labor for post-term pregnancyRuna Heimstad
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Olavs Hospital, Trondheim University Hospital, Trondheim, Norway
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 86:950-6. 2007..We aimed to assess the experiences and attitudes among women managed with serial antenatal monitoring or induction of labor, and the effects of post-term pregnancy on self-reports of quality of life...
- [Mifepristone for induction of second trimester abortion]Runa Heimstad
Fødeavdelingen, St Olavs Hospital, Trondheim
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 123:2412-3. 2003..We wanted to assess the effect of changing the regimen for termination from gemeprost to mifepristone and misoprostol...
- Androgen levels are associated with blood pressure in pregnant women after termSven M Carlsen
Departments of Endocrinology, Institute of Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, Trondheim, Norway
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 91:232-6. 2012..To assess possible associations between androgen, estrogen and insulin levels and blood pressure in pregnant women after term, compared with the effect of other well-known factors...