Affiliation: Norwegian University of Life Sciences
- Bovine milk in human nutrition--a reviewAnna Haug
Department of Animal and Aquacultural Sciences, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Aas, Norway
Lipids Health Dis 6:25. 2007..The concentration in milk of several nutrients can be manipulated through feeding regimes. There is no evidence that moderate intake of milk fat gives increased risk of diseases...
- Chicken meat nutritional value when feeding red palm oil, palm oil or rendered animal fat in combinations with linseed oil, rapeseed oil and two levels of seleniumNicole F Nyquist
Department of Animal and Aquacultural Sciences, The Norwegian University of Life Sciences, PO Box 5003, As 1432, Norway
Lipids Health Dis 12:69. 2013..Red palm oil decreased total chicken plasma cholesterol, confirming the cholesterol reducing effect of this dietary oil...
- Percentage oleic acid is inversely related to percentage arachidonic acid in total lipids of rat serumArne Torbjørn Høstmark
University of Oslo, Norway
Lipids Health Dis 12:40. 2013..Since many health effects of oils rich in oleic acid (18:1, n-9) seem to be opposite those of arachidonic acid (20:4, n-6), i.e. concerning cardiovascular risk, we examined whether % 18:1 might be negatively associated with % 20:4...
- Increased EPA levels in serum phospholipids of humans after four weeks daily ingestion of one portion chicken fed linseed and rapeseed oilAnna Haug
Department of Animal and Aquacultural Sciences, The Norwegian University of Life Sciences, As, 1432, Norway
Lipids Health Dis 11:104. 2012..This trial demonstrates that a simple change in chicken feed can have beneficial effects on amount of EPA and the AA/EPA ratio in human serum phospholipids...
- Animal products, diseases and drugs: a plea for better integration between agricultural sciences, human nutrition and human pharmacologyOlav A Christophersen
Lipids Health Dis 10:16. 2011..The health economic benefits of such products for society as a whole must be expected vastly to outweigh the direct costs for the farming sector...
- [Milk and health]Anna Haug
Institutt for husdyr og akvakulturvitenskap, Universitetet for miljø og biovitenskap, Postboks 5003, 1432 As
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 127:2542-5. 2007..Milk has been an important part of Norwegian nutrition for generations. The article is a review of literature concerning research on milk and health...
- Effect of dietary selenium and omega-3 fatty acids on muscle composition and quality in broilersAnna Haug
Department of Animal and Aquacultural Sciences, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, 1432 Aas, Norway
Lipids Health Dis 6:29. 2007..50 mg selenium or 0.84 mg selenium (organic form) per kg diet was fed to newly hatched broilers for 22 days...
- Individual variation and intraclass correlation in arachidonic acid and eicosapentaenoic acid in chicken muscleAnna Haug
Department of Animal and Aquacultural Sciences, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, N 1432 As, Norway
Lipids Health Dis 9:37. 2010..3 to 3.9. These differences among the birds may be due to genetic variance that can be exploited by breeding for lower AA concentration and/or a more favorable AA/EPA ratio to produce meat with health benefits...
- Effects of butter naturally enriched with conjugated linoleic acid and vaccenic acid on blood lipids and LDL particle size in growing pigsAnna Haug
Dept of Animal and Aquacultural Sciences, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Aas, Norway
Lipids Health Dis 7:31. 2008..The experimental period lasted for three weeks and the two diets provided daily either 5.0 g c9,t11-CLA plus 15.1 g VA or 1.3 g c9,t11-CLA plus 3.6 g VA...
- [Trans fats, saturated fats and risk of cardiovascular disease]Anna Haug
Institutt for husdyr og akvakulturvitenskap, Norges landbrukshøgskole, Postboks 5003, 1432 As
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 124:3094. 2004
- [Give whole milk to children!]Anna Haug
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 128:71. 2008
- Feeding frequency and nutrient content of foods commonly consumed in the Iringa and Morogoro regions in TanzaniaJ Kinabo
Department of Food Science and Technology, Sokoine University of Agriculture, P O Box 3006, Morogoro, Tanzania
Int J Food Sci Nutr 57:9-17. 2006..This study shows that foods locally produced in these regions are rich in nutrients, especially micronutrients, and therefore if consumed in adequate amounts may help to prevent dietary-related disorders...
- [Diet and pain]Olav Albert Christophersen
Ragnhild Schibbyes vei 26, 0968 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 125:1219. 2005
- [Important cardiovascular disease risk factors]Anna Haug
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 125:470. 2005
- A food "lifeboat": food and nutrition considerations in the event of a pandemic or other catastropheAnna Haug
University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 187:674-6. 2007..Food and nutrition guidelines are provided for survival rations in the event of a pandemic or other catastrophe...