Affiliation: Norwegian School of Sport Sciences
- Muscle activation characteristics in cross-country skiers with a history of anterior compartment painPeter Federolf
Human Performance Laboratory, University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
Sports Biomech 11:452-63. 2012..The observed differences in the EMG spectra may serve as an early identification of athletes who are at risk of developing CACS...
- Quantifying instantaneous performance in alpine ski racingPeter Andreas Federolf
Norwegian School of Sport Sciences, Ulleval Stadion, Oslo, P O Box 4014, Norway
J Sports Sci 30:1063-8. 2012....
- A holistic approach to study the temporal variability in gaitPeter Federolf
Norwegian School of Sport Sciences, Oslo, Norway
J Biomech 45:1127-32. 2012..Several additional conceptual and practical advantages of this combination of analysis methods were discussed...
- Discrimination of gender-, speed-, and shoe-dependent movement patterns in runners using full-body kinematicsChristian Maurer
Human Performance Laboratory, Faculty of Kinesiology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Gait Posture 36:40-5. 2012..Within the well-defined vector space spanned by the data of all subjects, higher principal components should also be considered because these components show the differences that result from small interventions such as footwear changes...
- Shoe midsole hardness, sex and age effects on lower extremity kinematics during runningBenno M Nigg
Human Performance Laboratory HPL, Faculty of Kinesiology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Biomech 45:1692-7. 2012..Additionally, it was found that age differences affected the more dominant movement components of running compared to differences due to the sex of a runner...
- Gender differences in lower extremity gait biomechanics during walking using an unstable shoeBenno M Nigg
Human Performance Laboratory, Faculty of Kinesiology, University of Calgary, 2500 University Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 1N4
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 25:1047-52. 2010..The purpose of this study was to investigate if gender differences exist a) during bilateral quiet stance or b) in lower extremity gait kinematics and kinetics when using unstable shoes...
- Removal of the electrocardiogram signal from surface EMG recordings using non-linearly scaled waveletsVinzenz von Tscharner
Human Performance Laboratory, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Electromyogr Kinesiol 21:683-8. 2011..It is therefore important to retain the EMG signal from high and low frequencies which is possible by applying the presented cleaning procedure...