Affiliation: Norwegian Institute for Air Research
- The comet assay in human biomonitoring: gene-environment interactionsMaria Dusinska
Centre for Ecological Economics, Norwegian Institute of Air Research NILU, Kjeller, Norway
Mutagenesis 23:191-205. 2008..The information obtained could lead to individual advice on lifestyle changes to promote health and especially on relative risks of genotoxic exposure to environmental pollution...
- Associations between environmental factors and incidence of cutaneous melanoma. ReviewKatarina Volkovova
Slovak Medical University, Bratislava, Slovakia
Environ Health 11:S12. 2012..Cutaneous melanoma is one of the most serious skin cancers. It is caused by neural crest-derived melanocytes - pigmented cells normally present in the epidermis and, sometimes, in the dermis...
- Impact of agglomeration and different dispersions of titanium dioxide nanoparticles on the human related in vitro cytotoxicity and genotoxicityZuzana Magdolenova
Health Effects Laboratory, NILU, PO Box 100, 2027 Kjeller, Norway
J Environ Monit 14:455-64. 2012..It is important, when assessing the hazard associated with NPs, to establish standard testing procedures and thorough strategies to consider the diverse conditions relevant to possible exposures...
- Approaches to integrated monitoring for environmental health impact assessmentHai Ying Liu
NILU Norwegian Institute for Air Research, Instituttveien 18, 2027, Kjeller, Norway
Environ Health 11:88. 2012..Such a framework allows the development of combined monitoring systems that exhibit a large degree of compatibility between countries and regions...
- Screening for potential hazard effects from four nitramines on human eye and skinLise Marie Fjellsbø
Health Effects Laboratory, Department of Environmental Chemistry, NILU Norwegian Institute for Air Research, Instituttveien 18, Kjeller, Norway
Toxicol In Vitro 27:1205-10. 2013..MA-NO2 and MEA-NO2 were tested for skin sensitization and found to be non-sensitizers to the skin. In addition, none of the four test substances was irritant or corrosive to the skin...
- Toxicological aspects for nanomaterial in humansMaria Dusinska
NILU, CEE, Health Effects Group, Kjeller, Norway
Methods Mol Biol 948:1-12. 2013..However, existing toxicity tests need to be adapted to fit to the unique features related to the nanosized material and appropriate controls and reference material should be considered...
- Are glutathione S transferases involved in DNA damage signalling? Interactions with DNA damage and repair revealed from molecular epidemiology studiesMaria Dusinska
Norwegian Institute for Air Research, Kjeller, Norway
Mutat Res 736:130-7. 2012..Our results show that GST polymorphisms and GST activity can apparently influence DNA stability and repair of oxidised bases, suggesting a potential new role for these proteins in DNA damage processing via DNA damage signalling...
- Occupational exposure to mineral fibres. Biomarkers of oxidative damage and antioxidant defence and associations with DNA damage and repairMarta Staruchova
Research Base of Slovak Medical University, Limbova 12, 833 03 Bratislava, Slovakia
Mutagenesis 23:249-60. 2008..Our study supports the idea that there might also be other mechanisms by which antioxidant enzymes (especially GST) protect cells against oxidative DNA damage...
- Genetic polymorphisms and possible gene-gene interactions in metabolic and DNA repair genes: effects on DNA damageAlessio Naccarati
Inst Exper Medicine, Acad Sci of the Czech Republic, Videnska 1083, 14200 Prague 4, Czech Republic
Mutat Res 593:22-31. 2006..In conclusion, our results suggest a relation between markers of genotoxicity and polymorphisms in genes coding for xenobiotic metabolizing and DNA repair enzymes as well as a modulating effect of combinations of these polymorphisms...
- Immunomodulatory effects of mineral fibres in occupationally exposed workersJana Tulinska
Research Base of the Slovak Medical University, Institute of Preventive and Clinical Medicine, Limbova 12, 833 03 Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Mutat Res 553:111-24. 2004..Increased levels of proinflammatory cytokines, SAMs, immunoglobulin E and elevated expression of activation markers on eosinophils was found in people with symptoms of hypersensitivity and an elevated inflammatory status...
- Genetic polymorphisms in DNA repair genes and possible links with DNA repair rates, chromosomal aberrations and single-strand breaks in DNAPavel Vodicka
Institute of Experimental Medicine, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Videnska 1083, 14200 Prague 4, Czech Republic
Carcinogenesis 25:757-63. 2004..9, P = 0.010) and XPC polymorphisms (F = 4.2, P = 0.046, MANOVA). Our results from this study suggest that markers of genotoxicity are associated with polymorphisms in genes encoding DNA repair enzymes...