John Arthur Berge
Affiliation: Norwegian Institute for Water Research
- Effects of increased sea water concentrations of CO2 on growth of the bivalve Mytilus edulis LJohn Arthur Berge
Norwegian Institute for Water Research, NIVA, P O Box 173 Kjelsås, 0411 Oslo, Norway
Chemosphere 62:681-7. 2006..7 and reduced growth at pH = 7.1. The effect seems to set in between pH 7.4 and 7.1; at mean pH levels 7.4 and 7.6 the growth increments were not significantly different from growth at normal pH 8.1...
- Organotins in marine mammals and seabirds from Norwegian territoryJohn Arthur Berge
Norwegian Institute for Water Research, PO Box 173, Kjelsås N 0411 Oslo, Norway
J Environ Monit 6:108-12. 2004..The limited data available indicate low to moderate exposure to organotins in northern areas (Spitsbergen and Bear Island). Marine mammals are however more exposed further south along the Norwegian Coast...
- Accumulation of polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins and furans in Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua)--cage experiments in a Norwegian FjordJohn Arthur Berge
Norwegian Institute for Water Research, NIVA, Oslo, Norway
J Toxicol Environ Health A 74:455-65. 2011..Our results indicate that accumulation of PCDF/PCDD from prey is more important than accumulation from water...
- Polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins (PCDDs) and dibenzofurans (PCDFs) in the Grenlandfjords (Norway)--disposition, levels, and effectsAnders Ruus
Norwegian Institute for Water Research NIVA, Oslo, Norway
J Toxicol Environ Health A 69:185-200. 2006..Furthermore, seasonal variations in cytochrome P-450 (CYP) 1A activity were shown, with different responses between genders. The differences were likely linked to the reproductive cycle of the fish...
- Organotin compounds in a Norwegian fjord. A comparison of concentration levels in semipermeable membrane devices (SPMDs), blue mussels (Mytilus edulis) and water samplesNorunn Følsvik
Norwegian Institute for Water Research, Oslo
J Environ Monit 4:280-3. 2002..A good correlation was also found between the TBT concentration in SPMDs and mussels at the end of the experiment. SPMDs can therefore be used to predict concentrations of TBT in both water and mussels...
- Disposition of polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins (PCDDs) and polychlorinated dibenzofurans (PCDFs) in two Norwegian epibenthic marine food websAnders Ruus
Norwegian Institute for Water Research NIVA, P O Box 173, Kjelsas, N 0411 Oslo, Norway
Chemosphere 62:1856-68. 2006....