Affiliation: Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Renal involvement in primary Sjögren's syndromeK Aasarød
Department of Medicine, University Hospital of Trondheim, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
QJM 93:297-304. 2000..There were also few patients with signs of glomerular disease (1.6%). The use of citrate:creatinine ratio in spot urine can be a helpful method in identifying patients with complete or incomplete dRTA...
- Wegener's granulomatosis: inflammatory cells and markers of repair and fibrosis in renal biopsies--a clinicopathological studyK Aasarød
Department of Medicine, University Hospital of Trondheim, Norway
Scand J Urol Nephrol 35:401-10. 2001..The goal was to determine whether these cells correlated with the severity of renal disease and whether their presence had a bearing on renal prognosis...
- Clinical outcome of patients with Wegener's granulomatosis treated with plasma exchangeKnut Aasarød
Department of Medicine, University Hospital of Trondheim The Norwegian Kidney Register, Norway
Blood Purif 20:167-73. 2002..Although a considerable fraction of patients with WG and severe renal involvement regain independent renal function, few will have normal serum creatinine concentration at follow-up, despite the addition of PE as adjunctive therapy...
- Changes in water transport across the peritoneum during treatment with continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis in selected patients with and without peritonitisMaria Radtke
Department of Nephrology, University Hospital of Trondheim, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
Perit Dial Int 24:571-9. 2004..The natural course of longitudinal changes in peritoneal permeability and membrane area has been studied mostly by performing single-dwell studies in selected patients during treatment with peritoneal dialysis...
- Clinical prognostic factors in biopsy-proven benign nephrosclerosisBjørn Egil Vikse
The Norwegian Kidney Register, Institute of Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Nephrol Dial Transplant 18:517-23. 2003..We wanted to study the effect of different clinical and laboratory variables at the time of biopsy on the short-term and long-term progression to ESRF and death...
- Prognostic factors in mesangioproliferative glomerulonephritisBjørn Egil Vikse
The Norwegian Kidney Register, Institute of Medicine, The Gade Institute, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Nephrol Dial Transplant 17:1603-13. 2002....
- Sense of humor and survival among a county cohort of patients with end-stage renal failure: a two-year prospective studySven Svebak
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
Int J Psychiatry Med 36:269-81. 2006..To explore the significance of sense of humor for survival in a county cohort of patients diagnosed with end-stage renal failure. This diagnosis is a life-threatening condition that calls upon coping skills and regular dialysis...
- [Systemic lupus erythematosus and pregnancy]Johan Fredrik Skomsvoll
Klinikk for ortopedi og revmatologi, Revmatologisk avdeling St Olavs Hospital, Olav Kyrres gate 17, 7006 Trondheim
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 127:725-9. 2007..This summary reviews current insights in pregnancy management of women with SLE...
- Association of kidney function and albuminuria with cardiovascular mortality in older vs younger individuals: The HUNT II StudyStein Hallan
Department of Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, NTNU St Olav University Hospital, Olav Kyrres gt 17, Trondheim, Norway
Arch Intern Med 167:2490-6. 2007..In elderly persons, traditional cardiovascular risk factors are less predictive, and measures of end organ damage, such as kidney disease, may be needed for improved cardiovascular mortality risk stratification...
- Long-term risk of cancer in membranous nephropathy patientsRune Bjørneklett
The Norwegian Kidney Biopsy Registry, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Am J Kidney Dis 50:396-403. 2007..There is a well-known association between membranous nephropathy (MN) and cancer, and patients with MN usually are examined for cancer at the time of diagnosis. The long-term risk of cancer after MN is not well studied...
- Transperitoneal water transport before, during, and after episodes with infectious peritonitis in patients treated with CAPDGry E Albrektsen
Department of Nephrology, University Hospital of Trondheim, Trondheim, Norway
Am J Kidney Dis 43:485-91. 2004..The objective of this study is to evaluate water transport across the peritoneum, expressed as drained ultrafiltration volume, before, during, and after episodes of peritonitis...
- Obesity, smoking, and physical inactivity as risk factors for CKD: are men more vulnerable?Stein Hallan
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, St Olavs Hospital, Trondheim, Norway
Am J Kidney Dis 47:396-405. 2006..We investigated associations between obesity, smoking, and physical inactivity and chronic kidney disease (CKD) in the general population and whether risk for CKD was restricted to men...