Affiliation: Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Renal involvement in primary Sjögren's syndromeK Aasarød
Department of Medicine, University Hospital of Trondheim, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
QJM 93:297-304. 2000..There were also few patients with signs of glomerular disease (1.6%). The use of citrate:creatinine ratio in spot urine can be a helpful method in identifying patients with complete or incomplete dRTA...
- Wegener's granulomatosis: inflammatory cells and markers of repair and fibrosis in renal biopsies--a clinicopathological studyK Aasarød
Department of Medicine, University Hospital of Trondheim, Norway
Scand J Urol Nephrol 35:401-10. 2001..The goal was to determine whether these cells correlated with the severity of renal disease and whether their presence had a bearing on renal prognosis...
- Clinical outcome of patients with Wegener's granulomatosis treated with plasma exchangeKnut Aasarød
Department of Medicine, University Hospital of Trondheim The Norwegian Kidney Register, Norway
Blood Purif 20:167-73. 2002..Although a considerable fraction of patients with WG and severe renal involvement regain independent renal function, few will have normal serum creatinine concentration at follow-up, despite the addition of PE as adjunctive therapy...
- Clinical prognostic factors in biopsy-proven benign nephrosclerosisBjørn Egil Vikse
The Norwegian Kidney Register, Institute of Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Nephrol Dial Transplant 18:517-23. 2003..We wanted to study the effect of different clinical and laboratory variables at the time of biopsy on the short-term and long-term progression to ESRF and death...
- Prognostic factors in mesangioproliferative glomerulonephritisBjørn Egil Vikse
The Norwegian Kidney Register, Institute of Medicine, The Gade Institute, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Nephrol Dial Transplant 17:1603-13. 2002....
- [Systemic lupus erythematosus and pregnancy]Johan Fredrik Skomsvoll
Klinikk for ortopedi og revmatologi, Revmatologisk avdeling St Olavs Hospital, Olav Kyrres gate 17, 7006 Trondheim
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 127:725-9. 2007..This summary reviews current insights in pregnancy management of women with SLE...
- Sense of humor and survival among a county cohort of patients with end-stage renal failure: a two-year prospective studySven Svebak
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
Int J Psychiatry Med 36:269-81. 2006..To explore the significance of sense of humor for survival in a county cohort of patients diagnosed with end-stage renal failure. This diagnosis is a life-threatening condition that calls upon coping skills and regular dialysis...
- Association of kidney function and albuminuria with cardiovascular mortality in older vs younger individuals: The HUNT II StudyStein Hallan
Department of Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, NTNU St Olav University Hospital, Olav Kyrres gt 17, Trondheim, Norway
Arch Intern Med 167:2490-6. 2007..In elderly persons, traditional cardiovascular risk factors are less predictive, and measures of end organ damage, such as kidney disease, may be needed for improved cardiovascular mortality risk stratification...
- Long-term risk of cancer in membranous nephropathy patientsRune Bjørneklett
The Norwegian Kidney Biopsy Registry, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Am J Kidney Dis 50:396-403. 2007..There is a well-known association between membranous nephropathy (MN) and cancer, and patients with MN usually are examined for cancer at the time of diagnosis. The long-term risk of cancer after MN is not well studied...
- Obesity, smoking, and physical inactivity as risk factors for CKD: are men more vulnerable?Stein Hallan
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, St Olavs Hospital, Trondheim, Norway
Am J Kidney Dis 47:396-405. 2006..We investigated associations between obesity, smoking, and physical inactivity and chronic kidney disease (CKD) in the general population and whether risk for CKD was restricted to men...