Affiliation: National Institute of Public Health
- The fungal cell wall component beta-1,3-glucan has an adjuvant effect on the allergic response to ovalbumin in miceH Ormstad
Department of Environmental Medicine, National Institute of Public Health, Oslo, Norway
J Toxicol Environ Health A 61:55-67. 2000..A similar increase was not found for IgG2a. Our results show that beta-1,3-D-glucan provides a clear Th2-dependent (allergic) immune response to OA, indicated by elevated levels of IgE and IgG1 and not IgG2a, in the mouse model used...
- Suspended particulate matter in indoor air: adjuvants and allergen carriersH Ormstad
Department of Environmental Medicine, National Institute of Public Health, PO Box 4404, Torshov N 0403, Oslo, Norway
Toxicology 152:53-68. 2000..Furthermore, SPM was found to elicit a local lymph node inflammatory response, and to have an adjuvant activity on the production of IgE antibodies to ovalbumin (OA)...
- [Airborne dust particles in indoor environment and allergy]H Ormstad
Avdeling for miljømedisin, Statens Institutt for Folkehelse, Postboks 4404, Nydalen, 0403 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 121:1344-50. 2001..The overall aim of this study was to investigate how airborne house dust particles may contribute to an allergic immune response, and thereby also to asthma and allergic diseases...
- [Air pollution, asthma and allergy--the importance of different types of particles]Heidi Ormstad
Avdeling for miljøimmunologi, Divisjon for miljømedisin, Nasjonalt folkehelseinstitutt, Postboks 4404 Nydalen 0403 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 122:1777-82. 2002..Particulate air pollution has been much discussed in Norway during the last few years. Coarse particles from asphalt are likely to have quite different properties than the far smaller particles from diesel exhaust...
- The effect of endotoxin on the production of IgE, IgG1 and IgG2a antibodies against the cat allergen Fel d 1 in miceHeidi Ormstad
Department of Environmental Immunology, Division of Environmental Medicine, Norwegian Institute of Public Health, P O Box 4404 Nydalen, N 0403, Oslo, Norway
Toxicology 188:309-18. 2003..Some have reported a positive correlation between the level of LPS in house dust and the symptoms of asthmatic children. Others have found that exposure to LPS appears to protect against the development of atopic disease in children...
- Mould extracts increase the allergic response to ovalbumin in miceC Instanes
Norwegian Institute of Public Health, Division of Environmental Medicine, Nydalen, Oslo, Norway
Clin Exp Allergy 34:1634-41. 2004..Previously, we have found that a beta-1,3-glucan from the cell wall of the fungus Sclerotinia sclerotiorum increases the allergic response to the model allergen ovalbumin (OVA) in a mouse model...
- The IgE adjuvant effect of particles: characterisation of the primary cellular response in the draining lymph nodeUnni Cecilie Nygaard
Department of Environmental Immunology, Division of Environmental Medicine, Norwegian Institute of Public Health, P O Box 4404 Nydalen, NO 0403 Oslo, Norway
Toxicology 206:181-93. 2005....