- Blood clot obstruction of the jejunojejunostomy after laparoscopic gastric bypassTom Mala
Department of Surgery, Center for Morbid Obesity, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Surg Obes Relat Dis 9:234-7. 2013..We analyzed our experience with such complications from a large consecutive patient series at a university hospital that is a referral center for bariatric surgery...
- Morbidity related to the use of a protective stoma in anterior resection for rectal cancerT Mala
Surgical Department, Aker University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Colorectal Dis 10:785-8. 2008..To evaluate morbidity related to the use of a protective stoma in rectal resection for cancer...
- Liver tumors and minimally invasive surgery: a feasibility studyB Edwin
Surgical Department and Interventional Center, National Hospital, Oslo, Norway
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 11:133-9. 2001....
- Magnetic-resonance-guided percutaneous cryoablation of hepatic tumoursT Mala
Surgical Department Interventional Center, National Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Eur J Surg 167:610-7. 2001..To study the feasibility of percutaneous cryoablation of hepatic tumours monitored by magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Cryoablation of colorectal liver metastases: minimally invasive tumour controlT Mala
Interventional Centre and the Surgical Dept, Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Scand J Gastroenterol 39:571-8. 2004..The procedure is typically done during laparotomy. The objective of this report was to study tumour control at the site of freezing and a minimally invasive approach to cryoablation of colorectal liver metastases...
- Validation of estimated 3D temperature maps during hepatic cryo surgeryE Samset
The Interventional Center, Rikshospitalet, 0027, Oslo, Norway
Magn Reson Imaging 19:715-21. 2001..70 mm. The accuracy of this model is acceptable. Temperature maps as outlined here may be used for monitoring of cryotherapy in order to increase clinical effectiveness...
- Laparoscopic resection of the pancreas: a feasibility study of the short-term outcomeB Edwin
Interventional Center and Surgical Department, Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Surg Endosc 18:407-11. 2004..Laparoscopic resection is not an established treatment for tumors of the pancreas. We report our preliminary experience with this innovative approach to pancreatic disease...
- Magnetic resonance imaging-estimated three-dimensional temperature distribution in liver cryolesions: a study of cryolesion characteristics assumed necessary for tumor ablationT Mala
Interventional Center, The National Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Cryobiology 43:268-75. 2001..1 mm. Temperatures claimed to be adequate for tumor destruction were obtained only in parts of the cryolesion. The adequacy of a 1-cm zone of normal liver tissue included in the cryolesion to ensure tumor ablation is questioned...
- Microsatellite instability has a positive prognostic impact on stage II colorectal cancer after complete resection: results from a large, consecutive Norwegian seriesM A Merok
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Oslo University Hospital Aker, Oslo, Norway
Ann Oncol 24:1274-82. 2013..We here assess the prognostic impact and prevalence of MSI in different stages in a consecutive, population-based series from a single hospital in Oslo, Norway...
- Local recurrence after mesorectal excision for rectal cancerA Nesbakken
Department of Surgery, Aker Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Eur J Surg Oncol 28:126-34. 2002..Controversy still exists about the optimal surgical treatment of rectal cancer. The main purpose of the present study was to compare local recurrence (LR) rates after mesorectal excision (ME) and conventional surgery (CS) technique...
- Laparoscopic and open surgery for pheochromocytomaB Edwin
The Interventional Center, Rikshospitalet, University of Oslo, N 0027, Oslo, Norway
BMC Surg 1:2. 2001..This report compares the outcome of laparoscopic and conventional (open) resection for pheocromocytoma particular in regard to intraoperative hemodynamic stability and postoperative patient comfort...
- Randomized clinical trial of laparoscopic gastric bypass versus laparoscopic duodenal switch for superobesityT T Søvik
Departments of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Oslo University Hospital Aker, Oslo, Norway
Br J Surg 97:160-6. 2010..A randomized trial was conducted to evaluate perioperative (30-day) safety and 1-year results...
- CLC and IFNAR1 are differentially expressed and a global immunity score is distinct between early- and late-onset colorectal cancerT H Agesen
Department of Cancer Prevention, Institute for Cancer Research, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Genes Immun 12:653-62. 2011..In conclusion, CLC and IFNAR1 were identified to be overall differentially expressed between early- and late-onset CRC, and are important in the development of early-onset CRC...
- Clinical prediction of survival by surgeons for patients with incurable abdominal malignancyT Hølmebakk
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Oslo University Hospital, Aker, 0514 Oslo, Norway
Eur J Surg Oncol 37:571-5. 2011..The prognostic skills of surgeons are sparsely documented, and the present study was undertaken to assess their prognostic accuracy for patients with advanced abdominal malignancy...