C M Lofthus
- Epidemiology of hip fractures in Oslo, NorwayC M Lofthus
Department of Medicine, Aker University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Bone 29:413-8. 2001..The data show that the incidence of hip fractures in Oslo has not changed significantly during the last decade, and it is still the highest reported. The cold climate of Oslo does not seem to contribute to the high incidence...
- Local and national electronic databases in Norway demonstrate a varying degree of validityC M Lofthus
Department of Medicine, Centre of Endocrinology, Aker University Hospital, N 0514 Oslo, Norway
J Clin Epidemiol 58:280-5. 2005..The aim of the present study was to examine the validity of local and national electronic databases using medical records as gold Standard...
- Young patients with hip fracture: a population-based study of bone mass and risk factors for osteoporosisC M Lofthus
Centre of Endocrinology, Aker University Hospital and University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Osteoporos Int 17:1666-72. 2006..Hip fracture in young patients is rare. The present study was aimed to clarify the comorbidity pattern and reveal relevant risk factors for osteoporosis and fracture in this patient group...
- Epidemiology of distal forearm fractures in Oslo, NorwayC M Lofthus
Centre of Endocrinology, The Hormone Laboratory, Aker University Hospital, 0514 Oslo, Norway
Osteoporos Int 19:781-6. 2008..The present study shows that the overall incidence of distal forearm fractures in Oslo is higher than in other countries and has not changed significantly when comparing the incidence of 1998/99 with 1979...
- Consequences of hip fracture on activities of daily life and residential needsE K Osnes
Orthopaedic Centre, Ulleval University Hospital, 0407 Oslo, Norway
Osteoporos Int 15:567-74. 2004..Many patients sustaining a hip fracture, and in particular the oldest patients, have reduced ability to perform activities of daily life...
- Gastric emptying: the validity of the paracetamol absorption test adjusted for individual pharmacokineticsA W Medhus
Department of Medicine, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Neurogastroenterol Motil 13:179-85. 2001..05), but for the period from meal intake until start of aspiration, no inhibition was found. The present study demonstrates that the novel algorithm for the paracetamol absorption test provides valid estimates for gastric emptying...
- More postoperative femoral fractures with the Gamma nail than the sliding screw plate in the treatment of trochanteric fracturesE K Osnes
Oslo Orthopaedic University Clinic, , Norway
Acta Orthop Scand 72:252-6. 2001..7-52) if the surgical device was a Gamma nail compared to a SSP. The Gamma nail therefore can not be recommended as the standard implant for trochanteric fractures...