J O Johannessen
- Early detection strategies for untreated first-episode psychosisJ O Johannessen
Rogaland Psychiatric Hospital, P O Box 1163, Hillevag, 4095, Stavanger, Norway
Schizophr Res 51:39-46. 2001..DUP was reduced by 1.5 years (mean) from before the time the ED system was instituted (to 0.5 years). The ED strategies appear to be effective and to influence directly the community's help-seeking behaviour...
- Baseline profiles of adolescent vs. adult-onset first-episode psychosis in an early detection programI Joa
Psychiatric Division, Regional Centre for Clinical Research in Psychosis, Stavanger University Hospital, Stavanger, Norway
Acta Psychiatr Scand 119:494-500. 2009..Psychotic disorders often start in adolescence. We aim to investigate premorbid and baseline differences characterizing patients with an onset of psychosis in adolescence versus adulthood...
- Early detection of psychosis: positive effects on 5-year outcomeT K Larsen
Stavanger University Hospital, Psychiatric Clinic, Stavanger, Norway
Psychol Med 41:1461-9. 2011..However, it is still unknown whether early treatment will lead to a better long-term outcome. This study reports the effects of reducing DUP on 5-year course and outcome...
- Early detection and intervention in first-episode schizophrenia: a critical reviewT K Larsen
University of Oslo, Norway, Roskilde County Psychiatric Hospital Fjorden, Denmark, Rogaland Psychiatric Hospital, Norway, , Oslo, Norway
Acta Psychiatr Scand 103:323-34. 2001..At the time being reduction of DUP seems to be the most promising strategy. Intervention in the prodromal phase is more ethically and conceptually problematic...
- Premorbid functioning versus duration of untreated psychosis in 1 year outcome in first-episode psychosisT K Larsen
Psychiatric Hospital of Rogaland, Armauer Hansensv 20, Stavanger, Norway
Schizophr Res 45:1-9. 2000..This study examines 1year outcome in patients having first-episode non-affective psychosis, with emphasis on Duration of Untreated Psychosis (DUP) and premorbid functioning, in order to clarify how these factors interact...