- Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato and Ehrlichia spp. in Ixodes ticks from southern NorwayA Jenkins
A S Telelab, Skien, Norway
J Clin Microbiol 39:3666-71. 2001..This is the first study of tick-borne Borrelia and Ehrlichia in Norway and the lowest reported B. garinii prevalence in Northern Europe. The prevalence of the Ehrlichia-like organism is described for the first time in questing ticks...
- Fluoroquinolone-resistant uropathogenic Escherichia coli in Norway: evidence of clonal spreadN Grude
Department of Medical Microbiology, Telemark Biomedical Centre, Skien, Norway
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:498-500. 2008..Although the isolates were genetically heterogeneous, there was evidence of a limited degree of clonal dissemination...
- Comparison of PCR detection of mecA with agar dilution and Etest for oxacillin susceptibility testing in clinical isolates of coagulase-negative staphylococciY Tveten
Telemark Biomedical Centre, A S Telelab, Department of Medical Microbiology, Skien, Norway
Clin Microbiol Infect 10:462-5. 2004..6% and 100%, and those for Etest were 100% and 95.4%. The current National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards oxacillin breakpoint recommendation will categorise accurately the CoNS species encountered commonly...
- Ehrlichiosis in a moose calf in NorwayA Jenkins
A S Telelab, Skien, Norway
J Wildl Dis 37:201-3. 2001..Ehrlichia sp. was detected by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) in blood from the calf, and in the ticks. Sequence determination identified it as E. phagocytophila. This is the first report of ehrlichiosis in moose...
- A comparison of phylogenetic group, virulence factors and antibiotic resistance in Russian and Norwegian isolates of Escherichia coli from urinary tract infectionN Grude
Department of Microbiology, Telemark Biomedical Centre, Skien, Norway
Clin Microbiol Infect 13:208-11. 2007..Russian UTI isolates belonged more often to phylogroup A and possessed fewer virulence genes than did Norwegian isolates. UTI isolates of E. coli were genetically heterogeneous and had a high degree of antimicrobial sensitivity...
- Heterogeneity of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolated in NorwayY Tveten
Telemark Biomedical Center, A S Telelab, PO Box 1868 Gulset, N 3703 Skien, Tromsø, Norway
Clin Microbiol Infect 9:886-92. 2003..6 antibiotics. MRSA isolates imported to Norway are more often multiresistant than domestic isolates. MRSA isolates in Norway show a striking diversity. Epidemic clones are present, but no single clone is predominant...
- Identification of Aerococcus urinae in urine samplesN Grude
A S Telelab, Pb 1868 Gulset, 3703 Skien, University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
Clin Microbiol Infect 9:976-9. 2003..For urinary isolates, standard procedures for identification of A. urinae are redundant and insufficiently discriminatory, and may need revision. BBL-Crystal-GP is an accurate alternative...