Affiliation: Institute of Medicine
- Interaction of articaine hydrochloride with prokaryotic membrane lipidsHenning Lygre
Department of Medicine, Section of Pharmacology, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Acta Odontol Scand 67:1-7. 2009..Additionally, articaine has recently been used as an alkaline component in endodontic materials with a proposed antibacterial activity. However, the detailed mechanisms of action have not been discussed...
- Interaction of ibuprofen with eukaryotic membrane lipidsHenning Lygre
Department of Odontology Dental Pharmacology, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Acta Odontol Scand 61:303-9. 2003..e. markers of the inner membrane leaflet of eukaryotic cells). A lowering of the lipid melting temperature (Tm) and a change of enthalpy (deltaH) of the gel to liquid-crystalline phase transitions of liposomes were detected...
- Quantitative analysis of TEGDMA and HEMA eluted into saliva from two dental composites by use of GC/MS and tailor-made internal standardsVibeke B Michelsen
Department of Oral Sciences Cariology, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Bergen, Armauer Hansens Hus, 5021 Bergen, Norway
Dent Mater 24:724-31. 2008..To improve the method of quantification, three tailor-made internal standards were synthesized...
- Articaine interaction with DSPC bilayer: a 13C and 31P solid-state NMR studyChen Song
Department of Chemistry, University of Bergen, Allegaten 41, N 5007 Bergen, Norway
Eur J Pharm Sci 33:399-408. 2008..Observed (31)P and (13)C NMR spectral changes when articaine is increased from 40 to 55 mol%, suggest formation of articaine aggregates and decrease in DSPC bilayer perturbation at the latter articaine level...
- Interaction of triclosan with eukaryotic membrane lipidsHenning Lygre
Department of Odontology Oral Pharmacology, University of Bergen, Armauer Hansens Hus, N 5021 Bergen, Norway
Eur J Oral Sci 111:216-22. 2003..A biphasic change of the PC transition temperature resulted when triclosan or triclosan PVM/MA copolymer mixtures were added, indicating domain formation and change of the lipid polymorphism...
- Quantification of organic eluates from polymerized resin-based dental restorative materials by use of GC/MSVibeke Barman Michelsen
Department of Oral Sciences, Cariology, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Bergen, Armauer Hansens Hus, 5021 Bergen, Norway
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 850:83-91. 2007..A high amount of HMBP, a UV stabilizer with potential estrogenic activity, was detected from one material in both solutions...
- The coinitiator DMABEE induces death by apoptosis and necrosis in human monoblastoid cellsMihaela Roxana Cimpan
Department of Dental Biomaterials, Institute of Odontology, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Bergen, Aarstadveien 17, 5009 Bergen, Norway
Clin Oral Investig 9:168-72. 2005..DMABEE enhanced cell death by apoptosis and necrosis in U-937 cells in a dose-dependent fashion. The data support our hypothesis that DMABEE triggers death-signaling pathways...
- Intramolecular hydrogen bonding in articaine can be related to superior bone tissue penetration: a molecular dynamics studyAge Aleksander Skjevik
Department of Biomedicine, University of Bergen, N 5009 Bergen, Norway
Biophys Chem 154:18-25. 2011..We suggest this intramolecular hydrogen bond as a novel and additional solvent-dependent mechanism for modulation of lipophilicity of articaine which may enhance its diffusion through membranes and connective tissue...
- Resolvin D1 protects periodontal ligamentManal Mustafa
Department of Clinical Dentistry Center for Clinical Dental Research, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 305:C673-9. 2013....
- A Blended Learning Course Design in Clinical Pharmacology for Post-graduate Dental StudentsPaul Erik Lillholm Rosenbaum
Section of Pharmacology, Institute of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Bergen, Norway Sjukehusapoteka Vest HF, Bergen, Norway
Open Dent J 6:182-7. 2012....
- Identification of organic eluates from four polymer-based dental filling materialsVibeke Barman Michelsen
Department of Odontology Cariology, University of Bergen, Armauer Hansens Hus, N 5021 Bergen, Norway
Eur J Oral Sci 111:263-71. 2003..The diversity of eluates from the four materials under study is demonstrated. Owing to variation between the materials, the biocompatibility including the allergenic potential may be different...