- Survey on dysfunctional eating behavior in adult persons with intellectual disability living in the communityOddbjørn Hove
Helse Fonna HF, Psychiatric Clinic, 5504 Haugesund, Norway
Res Dev Disabil 28:1-8. 2007..2% of the cases. It is suggested that more studies are needed to single out treatment approaches to eating dysfunction's in adult persons as has been done on food refusal in children...
- Developmental level and other factors associated with symptoms of mental disorders and problem behaviour in adults with intellectual disabilities living in the communityOddbjørn Hove
Department of Psychiatry, Haugesund Hospital, 2170, 5504, Haugesund, Norway
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 45:105-13. 2010..Studies of the relationship between the level of intellectual disability and mental and behavioural disorders have reported divergent findings regarding the direction of the relationship and how it is related to different mental disorders...
- Psychometric properties of Psychopathology checklists for Adults with Intellectual Disability (P-AID) on a community sample of adults with intellectual disabilityOddbjørn Hove
Division of Psychiatry, Helse Fonna HF, University of Bergen, Norway
Res Dev Disabil 29:467-82. 2008..This study is the first attempt to develop and evaluate Psychopathology Checklists based on the DC-LD. The results from this study indicate the P-AID can be used in identifying mental health needs at a detailed diagnostic level...
- Prevalence of eating disorders in adults with mental retardation living in the communityOddbjørn Hove
Helse Fonna HF, Psychiatric Clinic, 5501 Haugesund, Norway
Am J Ment Retard 109:501-6. 2004..Incidence of anorexia nervosa was higher than that of the general population. Findings suggest that eating disorders are more prevalent in this population than in the general population...
- Paternal mental health and socioemotional and behavioral development in their childrenAnne Lise Kvalevaag
Department of Psychiatry, Helse Fonna HF, PO Box 2170, N 5504 Haugesund, Norway
Pediatrics 131:e463-9. 2013..To examine the association between symptoms of psychological distress in expectant fathers and socioemotional and behavioral outcomes in their children at age 36 months...
- Weight survey on adult persons with mental retardation living in the communityOddbjørn Hove
Helse Fonna HF, Rehabilitation Service, P b 2175, Haugesund 5501, Norway
Res Dev Disabil 25:9-17. 2004..Findings suggest that behavioral variables may have explanatory value with respect to both underweight and obesity. Further investigation using functional analysis of behavior is recommended...