Affiliation: Haukeland University Hospital
- Help-seeking behaviour in patients with anxiety disorder and depressionA Roness
Department of Psychiatry, Haukeland Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Acta Psychiatr Scand 111:51-8. 2005..The objective of this study was to investigate help-seeking behaviour among persons with anxiety disorder and depression based on self-rating in a Norwegian population (the HUNT study)...
- General psychopathology is more important for executive functioning than diagnosisK I Stordal
Department of Psychiatry, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Acta Psychiatr Scand 111:22-8. 2005..Impaired executive functioning (EF) has often been reported in patients with major depression or schizophrenia. We hypothesize that the variance in EF is more affected by level of general psychopathology than by diagnosis...
- Attention profile in schizophrenia compared with depression: differential effects of processing speed, selective attention and vigilanceJ Egeland
Department of Psychology, University of Oslo, Norway
Acta Psychiatr Scand 108:276-84. 2003..The aim of the study is to investigate whether subjects with schizophrenia and major depression display attention deficits for different reasons...
- Neuropsychological test profiles in schizophrenia and non-psychotic depressionB R Rund
Department of Psychology, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Acta Psychiatr Scand 113:350-9. 2006..The study examined to what degree schizophrenia is characterized by a neuropsychological (NP) test profile specific in shape and level compared with depression and normal functioning...
- Cortisol level predicts executive and memory function in depression, symptom level predicts psychomotor speedJ Egeland
Vestfold Mental Health Care Trust, Tønsberg, Norway
Acta Psychiatr Scand 112:434-41. 2005..Why some are impaired while others remain in the normal range, is not clear. The present study aims at discerning the relative contribution of present symptom severity and hypercortisolism to impairment in the three domains of cognition...