Arvid S Haugen
Affiliation: Haukeland University Hospital
- A survey of surgical team members' perceptions of near misses and attitudes towards Time Out protocolsArvid Steinar Haugen
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Jonas Liesvei 65, N 5021, Bergen, Norway
BMC Surg 13:46. 2013..We hypothesised that perceptions of near-miss experiences and attitudes towards Time Out protocols vary widely among surgical team members...
- Adjusting team involvement: a grounded theory study of challenges in utilizing a surgical safety checklist as experienced by nurses in the operating roomHilde Valen Wæhle
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
BMC Nurs 11:16. 2012..abstract:..
- Impact of the World Health Organization's Surgical Safety Checklist on safety culture in the operating theatre: a controlled intervention studyA S Haugen
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Haukeland University Hospital, Jonas Liesvei 65, 5021 Bergen, Norway
Br J Anaesth 110:807-15. 2013..We aimed to study the checklist effects on safety culture perceptions in operating theatre personnel using a prospective controlled intervention design at a single Norwegian university hospital...
- Anxiety in the operating theatre: a study of frequency and environmental impact in patients having local, plexus or regional anaesthesiaArvid S Haugen
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
J Clin Nurs 18:2301-10. 2009..To estimate the frequency of intraoperative anxiety, the influence of environmental factors on intraoperative anxiety and to study the relationship between intraoperative anxiety and generalised anxiety and depression...
- Patient safety in surgical environments: cross-countries comparison of psychometric properties and results of the Norwegian version of the Hospital Survey on Patient SafetyArvid S Haugen
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Haukeland University Hospital, Jonas Lies vei 65, N 5021 Bergen, Norway
BMC Health Serv Res 10:279. 2010..This study examined the psychometric properties of a Norwegian translation of the HSOPS and also compared safety climate factors from a surgical setting to hospitals in the United States, the Netherlands and Norway...