Affiliation: Haukeland University Hospital
- Mortality and cardiovascular events in patients treated with homocysteine-lowering B vitamins after coronary angiography: a randomized controlled trialMarta Ebbing
Department of Heart Disease, Haukeland University Hospital, Jonas Liesvei 65, 5021 Bergen, Norway
JAMA 300:795-804. 2008..Observational studies have reported associations between circulating total homocysteine concentration and risk of cardiovascular disease. Oral administration of folic acid and vitamin B(12) can lower plasma total homocysteine levels...
- Cancer incidence and mortality after treatment with folic acid and vitamin B12Marta Ebbing
Department of Heart Disease, Haukeland University Hospital, Jonas Liesvei 65, Bergen, Norway 5021
JAMA 302:2119-26. 2009..Recently, concern has been raised about the safety of folic acid, particularly in relation to cancer risk...
- Combined analyses and extended follow-up of two randomized controlled homocysteine-lowering B-vitamin trialsM Ebbing
Department of Heart Disease, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
J Intern Med 268:367-82. 2010....
- Systemic markers of interferon-γ-mediated immune activation and long-term prognosis in patients with stable coronary artery diseaseEva Ringdal Pedersen
Section for Cardiology, Institute of Medicine, University of Bergen, 5021 Bergen, Norway
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:698-704. 2011..We evaluated the relationships of plasma neopterin and plasma kynurenine:tryptophan ratio (KTR) to long-term prognosis in patients with stable angina pectoris and angiographically verified significant coronary artery disease...
- Plasma dimethylglycine and risk of incident acute myocardial infarction in patients with stable angina pectorisGard Frodahl Tveitevåg Svingen
Department of Clinical Science, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 33:2041-8. 2013..Model discrimination and reclassification when adding plasma dimethylglycine to established risk factors were obtained. We also explored temporal changes and the test-retest reliability of plasma dimethylglycine...
- Assessment of urinary betaine as a marker of diabetes mellitus in cardiovascular patientsHall Schartum-Hansen
Section for Cardiology, Department of Clinical Science, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
PLoS ONE 8:e69454. 2013....
- Low plasma vitamin B-6 status affects metabolism through the kynurenine pathway in cardiovascular patients with systemic inflammationOivind Midttun
Bevital A S, Laboratoriebygget, 5021 Bergen, Norway
J Nutr 141:611-7. 2011..Thus, low plasma PLP during inflammation may reflect impaired cellular vitamin B-6 status, as indicated by the concurrent increase in plasma HK...
- Plasma choline, smoking, and long-term prognosis in patients with stable angina pectorisHall Schartum-Hansen
University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Eur J Prev Cardiol 22:606-14. 2015..Plasma choline has been associated with cardiovascular disease and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis...
- Effect of homocysteine-lowering B vitamin treatment on angiographic progression of coronary artery disease: a Western Norway B Vitamin Intervention Trial (WENBIT) substudyKjetil H Løland
Institute of Medicine, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Am J Cardiol 105:1577-84. 2010..In conclusion, vitamin B treatment showed no beneficial effect on the angiographic progression of coronary artery disease, and the post hoc analyses suggested that folic acid/vitamin B(12) treatment might promote more rapid progression...
- Dietary intake of n-3 long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids and coronary events in Norwegian patients with coronary artery diseaseMari S Manger
Institute of Medicine, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Am J Clin Nutr 92:244-51. 2010..Consumption of fish and n-3 (omega-3) long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (LCPUFAs) has been associated with reduced risk of coronary artery disease (CAD) mortality...
- Implications of changing definitions of myocardial infarction on number of events and all-cause mortality: the WHO 1979, ESC/ACC 2000, AHA 2003, and Universal 2007 definitions revisitedJørund Langørgen
Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Eur J Prev Cardiol 21:1349-57. 2014..To analyse the impact of four different definitions of acute myocardial infarction (AMI) on number of events and all-cause mortality after AMI...
- Favourable trends in incidence of AMI in Norway during 2001-2009 do not include younger adults: a CVDNOR projectGerhard Sulo
University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Eur J Prev Cardiol 21:1358-64. 2014..We examined trends in AMI incidence in Norway during 2001-2009 and potential differences between sex and age groups...
- Serum osteoprotegerin levels and long-term prognosis in patients with stable angina pectorisEva Ringdal Pedersen
Institute of Medicine, University of Bergen, 5021 Bergen, Norway
Atherosclerosis 212:644-9. 2010..Circulating OPG levels are elevated in cardiovascular disease (CVD). We assessed serum OPG as predictor of long-term prognosis in patients with suspected stable angina pectoris (SAP) undergoing elective coronary angiography...
- Long- and short-term effects of tobacco smoking on circulating concentrations of B vitaminsArve Ulvik
Bevital A S, c o Section for Pharmacology, Institute of Medicine, University of Bergen, 5021 Bergen, Norway
Clin Chem 56:755-63. 2010..We sought to determine the relation between circulating concentrations of selected B vitamins and smoking status, with particular attention to longitudinal associations...
- Effects of folic acid supplementation on overall and site-specific cancer incidence during the randomised trials: meta-analyses of data on 50,000 individualsStein Emil Vollset
Norwegian Institute of Public Health and Department of Public Health and Primary Health Care, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Lancet 381:1029-36. 2013..We aimed to assess any effects on site-specific cancer rates in the randomised trials of folic acid supplementation, at doses higher than those from fortification...
- Educational inequalities in acute myocardial infarction incidence in Norway: a nationwide cohort studyJannicke Igland
Department of Global Public Health and Primary Care, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
PLoS ONE 9:e106898. 2014..The aim of the study was to investigate educational inequalities in acute myocardial infarction (AMI) incidence and whether such inequalities have changed during the past decade using a nationwide longitudinal study design...