Affiliation: Haukeland University Hospital
- Changes in basal and postmethionine load concentrations of total homocysteine and cystathionine after B vitamin interventionØyvind Bleie
Institute of Medicine, University of Bergen, Haukeland University Hospital, N 5021 Bergen, Norway
Am J Clin Nutr 80:641-8. 2004....
- Betaine as a determinant of postmethionine load total plasma homocysteine before and after B-vitamin supplementationPal I Holm
LOCUS for Homocysteine and Related Vitamins, University of Bergen, N 5021 Bergen, Norway
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:301-7. 2004..Betaine is a substrate in the betaine-homocysteine methyltransferase reaction, converting homocysteine to methionine. There are only sparse data on plasma betaine as a determinant of the plasma total homocysteine (tHcy) concentration...
- Mortality and cardiovascular events in patients treated with homocysteine-lowering B vitamins after coronary angiography: a randomized controlled trialMarta Ebbing
Department of Heart Disease, Haukeland University Hospital, Jonas Liesvei 65, 5021 Bergen, Norway
JAMA 300:795-804. 2008..Observational studies have reported associations between circulating total homocysteine concentration and risk of cardiovascular disease. Oral administration of folic acid and vitamin B(12) can lower plasma total homocysteine levels...
- Systemic markers of interferon-γ-mediated immune activation and long-term prognosis in patients with stable coronary artery diseaseEva Ringdal Pedersen
Section for Cardiology, Institute of Medicine, University of Bergen, 5021 Bergen, Norway
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:698-704. 2011..We evaluated the relationships of plasma neopterin and plasma kynurenine:tryptophan ratio (KTR) to long-term prognosis in patients with stable angina pectoris and angiographically verified significant coronary artery disease...
- Coronary blood flow in patients with stable coronary artery disease treated long term with folic acid and vitamin B12Øyvind Bleie
Department of Heart Disease, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Coron Artery Dis 22:270-8. 2011..We wanted to examine the effects of B-vitamin therapy, which may lower total homocysteine, on coronary flow and vascular function in patients with established coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Serum osteoprotegerin levels and long-term prognosis in patients with stable angina pectorisEva Ringdal Pedersen
Institute of Medicine, University of Bergen, 5021 Bergen, Norway
Atherosclerosis 212:644-9. 2010..Circulating OPG levels are elevated in cardiovascular disease (CVD). We assessed serum OPG as predictor of long-term prognosis in patients with suspected stable angina pectoris (SAP) undergoing elective coronary angiography...
- Divergent associations of plasma choline and betaine with components of metabolic syndrome in middle age and elderly men and womenSvetlana V Konstantinova
Department of Public Health and Primary Health Care, University of Bergen, Bergen 5020, Norway
J Nutr 138:914-20. 2008..Choline and betaine were associated in opposite directions with key components of metabolic syndrome, suggesting a disruption of mitochondrial choline dehydrogenase pathway...