- Health in older cat and dog owners: The Nord-Trondelag Health Study (HUNT)-3 studyIngela Enmarker
Faculty of Health Sciences, Nord Trøndelag University College, Namsos, Norway
Scand J Public Health 40:718-24. 2012..The main objective was to compare older male and female cat, dog, and non-owners with regard to demographic and health-related characteristics...
- Management of person with dementia with aggressive and violent behaviour: a systematic literature reviewIngela Enmarker
Faculty of Health Science, Nord Trondelag University College, Namsos, Norway
Int J Older People Nurs 6:153-62. 2011....
- Depression in older cat and dog owners: the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study (HUNT)-3Ingela Enmarker
a Department of Health Sciences, Nord Trøndelag University College, Steinkjer, Norway
Aging Ment Health 19:347-52. 2015..Therefore, the objective of the present population study was to compare the self-rated depression symptoms of both female and male non-pet owners, cat owners, and dog owners...
- The meaning of receiving help from home nursing careAud Moe
Nord Trøndelag University College, Norway
Nurs Ethics 20:737-47. 2013..Receiving help also meant elderly persons wanted to be regarded and approached as equal human beings, supported in the courage to meet challenges in life. ..
- Inner strength in relation to perceived physical and mental health among the oldest old people with chronic illnessAud Moe
Faculty of Health and Science, Nord Trøndelag University College, Levanger, Norway
Aging Ment Health 17:189-96. 2013..The aim of this study was to examine inner strength, defined as connectedness, firmness, flexibility, and creativity, and its relation to mental and physical health in a sample of the oldest old chronically ill women and men living at home...
- "Embracing the present and fearing the future": the meaning of being an oldest old woman in a rural areaTove M Ness
Department of Nursing, Mid Sweden University, Østersund, Sweden Department of Health Sciences, Nord Trøndelag University College, Namsos, Norway
Int J Qual Stud Health Well-being 9:25217. 2014..By using their inner strength in facing losses and declining health, the oldest old women managed to appreciate aloneness as solitude, and find new meaning in life. ..
- "Struggling for independence": the meaning of being an oldest old man in a rural area. Interpretation of oldest old men's narrationsTove Mentsen Ness
Department of Nursing, Mid Sweden University, Ostersund, Sweden Department of Health Sciences, Nord Trøndelag University College, Namsos, Norway
Int J Qual Stud Health Well-being 9:23088. 2014..Living in the tension between independence and dependency is a complex emotional situation where one is trying to accept the consequences of life and loss--reconciling the wish to live with the fact that life will come to an end...
- Barriers to information exchange during older patients' transfer: nurses' experiencesRose M Olsen
Faculty of Health and Science, Nord Trøndelag University College, Namsos, Norway
J Clin Nurs 22:2964-73. 2013..To describe nurses' experiences of barriers that influence their information exchange during the transfer of older patients between hospital and home care...
- Nurses' information exchange during older patient transfer: prevalence and associations with patient and transfer characteristicsRose Mari Olsen
Faculty of Health and Science, Nord Trøndelag University College, Finn Christiansens vei 1, No 7800 Namsos, Norway
Int J Integr Care 13:e005. 2013....