Affiliation: Eastern and Southern Norway
- Mental health problems in the 10th grade and non-completion of upper secondary school: the mediating role of grades in a population-based longitudinal studyAse Sagatun
Centre for Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Eastern and Southern Norway, Oslo, Norway
BMC Public Health 14:16. 2014..We also study the impact of health behaviour...
- Response rates and selection problems, with emphasis on mental health variables and DNA sampling, in large population-based, cross-sectional and longitudinal studies of adolescents in NorwayEspen Bjertness
Section for Preventive Medicine and Epidemiology, Institute of General Practice and Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, Box 1130 Blindern, 0318 Oslo, Norway
BMC Public Health 10:602. 2010....
- The association between weekly hours of physical activity and mental health: a three-year follow-up study of 15-16-year-old students in the city of Oslo, NorwayAase Sagatun
Research Department, Centre for Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Eastern and Southern Norway, Nydalen, Oslo, Norway
BMC Public Health 7:155. 2007..Adolescents are less studied, and especially longitudinal studies are lacking. This paper investigates the associations between weekly hours of physical activity at age 15-16 and mental health three years later...
- Ethnic Norwegian and ethnic minority adolescents in Oslo, Norway. A longitudinal study comparing changes in mental healthAse Sagatun
Centre for Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Eastern and Southern Norway, Nydalen 0405, Oslo, Norway
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 43:87-95. 2008..The aim of this study was to compare changes in self reported mental health between adolescents with ethnic Norwegian and ethnic minority background aged 15-16 years followed for three years...
- Three-year follow-up of physical activity in Norwegian youth from two ethnic groups: associations with socio-demographic factorsAse Sagatun
Center for Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Eastern and Southern Norway, P, O, Box 4623 Nydalen, 0405 Oslo, Norway
BMC Public Health 8:419. 2008....
- Is the relationship between smoking and mental health influenced by other unhealthy lifestyle factors? Results from a 3-year follow-up study among adolescents in Oslo, NorwayLars Lien
Institute of Psychiatry, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
J Adolesc Health 45:609-17. 2009..These studies have not controlled for other lifestyle factors. The aim of this longitudinal study was to assess the relationship between smoking and depressive symptoms, controlling for other lifestyle factors...
- The Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire (SDQ) - self-report. An analysis of its structure in a multiethnic urban adolescent sampleJorg Richter
Centre for Child and Adolescent Mental Health Eastern and Southern Norway, Oslo, Norway
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 52:1002-11. 2011..However, its structure, cross-cultural equivalence, and its applicability in ethnic minority groups is still a matter of discussion...