- Long-term outcome of shoulder arthrodesis performed with plate fixation: 18 patients examined after 3-15 yearsSigbjorn Dimmen
Orthopedic Center, Ullevaal University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Acta Orthop 78:827-33. 2007..There have been few reports on the long-term function after shoulder arthrodesis. We report the outcome after shoulder arthrodesis with plate fixation in 18 patients who were followed for 3-15 years...
- Negative effect of parecoxib on bone mineral during fracture healing in ratsSigbøjrn Dimmen
Institute of Surgical Research and Biomechanics Laboratory, Orthopedics Department, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Center, University of Oslo, Norway
Acta Orthop 79:438-44. 2008..We investigated the effects of short-term administration of parecoxib on bone mineral formation and bone healing in rats...
- The effect of parecoxib and indometacin on tendon-to-bone healing in a bone tunnel: an experimental study in ratsS Dimmen
Orthopaedic Centre, Ullevaal University Hospital and Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, N 0407 Oslo, Norway
J Bone Joint Surg Br 91:259-63. 2009..Significantly lower maximum pull-out strength (p < 0.001), energy absorption (p < 0.001) and stiffness (p = 0.035) were found in rats given parecoxib and indometacin compared with the control group, most pronounced with parecoxib...
- Negative effects of parecoxib and indomethacin on tendon healing: an experimental study in ratsSigbjorn Dimmen
Faculty of Medicine, Orthopaedic Centre, Ullevaal University Hospital, University of Oslo, Kirkeveien 166, 0407, Oslo, Norway
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 17:835-9. 2009..The transverse and sagittal diameters of the tendons were reduced in both the parecoxib and indomethacin groups. Both parecoxib and indomethacin impaired tendon healing; the negative effect was most pronounced with parecoxib...
- Parecoxib and indomethacin delay early fracture healing: a study in ratsSigbjorn Dimmen
Institute for Surgical Research, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Centre, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Clin Orthop Relat Res 467:1992-9. 2009..Both parecoxib and indomethacin reduced the ultimate bending moment and the bending stiffness of the healing fractures after 3 weeks. These results suggest COX inhibitors should be avoided in the early phase after fractures...