Affiliation: Centre for Research and Education in Forensic Psychiatry
- Brief checklists for assessing violence risk among patients discharged from acute psychiatric facilities: a preliminary studyPål Hartvig
Centre for Research and Education in Forensic Psychiatry, Ullevaal University Hospital, Bygg 7, Gaustad, NO 0320, Oslo, Norway
Nord J Psychiatry 60:243-8. 2006..The development of a brief risk assessment instrument with good predictive properties seems possible. Further clinical trials are planned. Ethical aspects of violence prediction must always be considered...
- Mental health consultations in a prison population: a descriptive studyEllen Kjelsberg
Centre for Research and Education in Forensic Psychiatry, Ulleval University Hospital, Building 7 Gaustad, NO 0320 Oslo, Norway
BMC Psychiatry 6:27. 2006..The aim of the present study was to give a comprehensive description of all non-pharmacological interventions provided by the psychiatric health services to a stratified sample of prison inmates...
- [Mental diseases and disorders among inmates in Norwegian prisons]Pål Hartvig
Kompetansesenter for sikkerhets, fengsels og rettspsykiatri for Helseregionene Øst og Sør, Ulleval universitetssykehus, Bygg 7, Gaustad 0320 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 124:2091-3. 2004..A few investigations in Norwegian prisons indicate a similar tendency...
- Penrose's law revisited: the relationship between mental institution beds, prison population and crime ratePål Hartvig
Centre for Research and Education in Forensic Psychiatry, Ullevaal University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Nord J Psychiatry 63:51-6. 2009..Penrose's law proved remarkably robust in the longitudinal perspective. As opposed to Penrose, however, we argue that the rise in crime rates only to a very limited extent can be attributed to mental health de-institutionalization...
- The first step in the validation of a new screen for violence risk in acute psychiatry: The inpatient contextP Hartvig
Centre for Research and Education in Forensic Psychiatry, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Eur Psychiatry 26:92-9. 2011..In general psychiatry there is a considerable need for specialised, brief and structured assessment tools to inform risk decisions...