Affiliation: Cancer Registry of Norway
- Proportion cured models applied to 23 cancer sites in NorwayMilada Cvancarova
Department of Registration, Cancer Registry of Norway, Institute of Population Based Cancer Research, Oslo, Norway
Int J Cancer 132:1700-10. 2013..The absolute estimates of the cure proportion are speculative and should not be calculated where cure is not medically anticipated...
- Localized prostate cancer in Norway, the United States, and Spain: between-country differences of variables before treatment among patients eligible for curative treatmentAnne Holck Storås
Department of Oncology, Oslo University Hospital, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Clin Genitourin Cancer 12:e117-25. 2014..In men with PCa, large variations of PROs after RP or high-dose RAD might be related to between-country differences of medical and sociodemographic variables, and differences in PROs before treatment in the sexual and urinary domains...
- Pregnancy after adolescent and adult cancer: a population-based matched cohort studyHanne Stensheim
Department of Clinical and Registry based Research, Cancer Registry of Norway, Institute of Population Based Cancer Research, Oslo, Norway
Int J Cancer 129:1225-36. 2011..9 (95% CI 0.7-1.0)]. In summary, fertility-preserving attempts have succeeded in patients with ovarian or testicular cancer and in males with Hodgkin lymphoma. Male survivors initiated pregnancies in a higher degree than female survivors...
- Return to work and sick leave after radical prostatectomy: a prospective clinical studySigrun Dahl
National Resource Center for Late Effects After Cancer, Oslo University Hospital, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Acta Oncol 53:744-51. 2014..To identify pre-RP available factors that can predict the duration of immediate post-RP sick leave...
- Selection and mortality: a ten-year follow-up of income decile mortality in NorwayDag Hofoss
Institute of Health and Society, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Eur J Public Health 23:558-63. 2013..Conversely, it may reflect selection/reverse causation: low income indicates health problems, and from health problems follow a higher risk of dying...
- How user characteristics affect use patterns in web-based illness management support for patients with breast and prostate cancerElin Børøsund
Centre for Shared Decision Making and Collaborative Care Research, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo 0424, Norway
J Med Internet Res 15:e34. 2013..Specifically, more research is needed to identify which system components target different patient groups and under what conditions...
- Work disability in inflammatory bowel disease patients 10 years after disease onset: results from the IBSEN StudyMarte Lie Høivik
Division of Medicine, Department of Gastroenterology, Oslo University Hospital, Aker, P O Box 4959 Nydalen, 0424 Oslo, Norway
Gut 62:368-75. 2013....
- Prognostic variables in oligodendroglial tumors: a single-institution study of 95 casesDavid Scheie
Department of Pathology, Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet, P O Box 4950 Nydalen, 0424 Oslo, Norway
Neuro Oncol 13:1225-33. 2011..The study suggests that solitary 19q loss is a negative prognostic variable and that 1p/19q loss is associated with prolonged survival also in oligodendroglial tumors without classic histology...
- Impact of long-term serum platinum concentrations on neuro- and ototoxicity in Cisplatin-treated survivors of testicular cancerMette Sprauten
Norwegian Radium Hospital Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
J Clin Oncol 30:300-7. 2012..Cisplatin-induced neurotoxicity and ototoxicity (NTX) are important adverse effects after chemotherapy for testicular cancer (TC). Although serum platinum is measurable years after therapy, its impact on NTX has not been evaluated...
- Methods for prospective studies of adverse effects as applied to prostate cancer patients treated with surgery or radiotherapy without hormonesAndreas Stensvold
Department of Oncology, Oslo University Hospital, Radiumhospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Prostate 72:668-76. 2012..We compared these methods to examine changes of sexual, urinary, and bowel functions after robot-assisted prostatectomy (RALP) and conformal external beam radiotherapy (EBRT) in patients without androgen deprivation therapy (ADT)...