Ragnar K Breckan
- Non-endoscopic first-line treatment of bleeding peptic ulcer with ranitidine and tranexamic acidR K Breckan
Dept of Medicine, Nordland Central Hospital, Bodø, Norway
Scand J Gastroenterol 38:1000-1. 2003
- Prevalence, comorbidity, and risk factors for functional bowel symptoms: a population-based survey in Northern NorwayRagnar K Breckan
Department of Gastroenterology, Nordland Hospital, Bodø, Norway
Scand J Gastroenterol 47:1274-82. 2012..To assess the occurrence of functional bowel (FB) symptoms in Northern Norway, and to describe gender differences, comorbidity, and association to risk factors, including Helicobacter pylori infection...
- The impact of body mass index and Helicobacter pylori infection on gastro-oesophageal reflux symptoms: a population-based study in Northern NorwayRagnar K Breckan
Department of Internal Medicine, Nordland Hospital, Bodø, Norway
Scand J Gastroenterol 44:1060-6. 2009..Increased body mass index (BMI) has been proposed as a risk factor for gastro-oesophageal reflux symptoms. The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of BMI and Helicobacter pylori on reflux symptoms in an adult population...
- Managing dyspepsia in the young adult patient: effects of different tests for Helicobacter pylori in a "test-and-scope" approachPer C Valle
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of North Norway, Harstad, Norway
Scand J Gastroenterol 48:913-20. 2013..To evaluate how different methods for the detection of Helicobacter pylori influence on a "test, score and scope" decision approach in young dyspeptic patients...
- Do young dyspeptic patients consider upper gastro-intestinal endoscopy useful?Per C Valle
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of North Norway, Harstad, 9480 Harstad, Norway
Hepatogastroenterology 57:1164-9. 2010..However, the impact of the examination and the potential value of being reassured by a negative endoscopy has yet to be evaluated...
- "Test, score and scope": a selection strategy for safe reduction of upper gastrointestinal endoscopies in young dyspeptic patients referred from primary carePer C Valle
Department of Internal Medicine, Hålogaland Hospital, Harstad, Norway
Scand J Gastroenterol 41:161-9. 2006..To test the ability of pre-endoscopic clinical evaluation to predict clinically relevant findings of upper gastrointestinal endoscopy...