- Low molecular-weight heparin versus aspirin in patients with acute ischaemic stroke and atrial fibrillation: a double-blind randomised study. HAEST Study Group. Heparin in Acute Embolic Stroke TrialE Berge
Department of Haematology, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Lancet 355:1205-10. 2000..Patients with acute ischaemic stroke and atrial fibrillation have an increased risk of early stroke recurrence, and anticoagulant treatment with heparins has been widely advocated, despite missing data on the balance of risk and benefit...
- Hemostatic activation in acute ischemic strokeE Berge
Hematological Research Laboratory, Department of Hematology, Ulleval University Hospital, N 0407, Oslo, Norway
Thromb Res 101:13-21. 2001..The purpose of this study was to examine the association between hemostatic activation and stroke severity, and to provide data on hemostatic variables in acute ischemic stroke...
- Validity and reliability of simple questions in assessing short- and long-term outcome in Norwegian stroke patientsE Berge
Haematological Research Laboratory, Department of Haematology, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Cerebrovasc Dis 11:305-10. 2001....
- Thrombolytic treatment for stroke in the Scandinavian countriesK Bruins Slot
Department of Internal Medicine, Ullevaal University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Acta Neurol Scand 120:270-6. 2009..We wanted to describe the use of thrombolytic treatment for stroke in Scandinavia, to assess stroke doctors' opinions on this treatment, to identify barriers against treatment, and to suggest improvements to overcome these barriers...
- Large middle cerebral artery infarctions and the hyperdense middle cerebral artery sign in patients with atrial fibrillationE Berge
Department of Haematology, Haematological Research Laboratory, and Department of Neuroradiology, , Oslo, Norway
Acta Radiol 42:261-8. 2001..CONCLUSION: Large MCA infarction is a frequent finding in patients with atrial fibrillation. These patients have a high prevalence of the HMCAS, which is an early infarction sign and a marker of a poor prognosis...
- I don't like that, it's tricking people too much...: acute informed consent to participation in a trial of thrombolysis for strokeM Mangset
University of Oslo, Department of Geriatric Medicine, Ullevaal University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
J Med Ethics 34:751-6. 2008..The validity of informed consent for critically ill patients has been questioned. Little is known about how these patients experience the process of consent...
- The angiotensin-receptor blocker candesartan for treatment of acute stroke (SCAST): a randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind trialElse Charlotte Sandset
Department of Internal Medicine, Oslo University Hospital Ulleval, Oslo, Norway
Lancet 377:741-50. 2011..We aimed to examine whether careful blood-pressure lowering treatment with the angiotensin-receptor blocker candesartan is beneficial in patients with acute stroke and raised blood pressure...