- Update on pharmacologic options for smoking cessation treatment
Los Angeles Clinical Trials, Los Angeles, California 91505, USA
Am J Med 121:S20-31. 2008
..Ultimately, selection of pharmacologic agent should be based on the patient's comorbidities and preferences, as well as on the agent's adverse event profile...
- Pharmacokinetics, safety and efficacy from randomized controlled trials of 1 and 2 mg nicotine bitartrate lozenges (Nicotinell)
Novartis Santé Familiale, Rueil Malmaison, France
BMC Clin Pharmacol 7:11. 2007
- Varenicline versus bupropion SR or placebo for smoking cessation: a pooled analysis
Los Angeles Clinical Trials, 4116 W Magnolia Boulevard, Burbank, CA 91505, USA
Am J Health Behav 32:664-75. 2008
- Smoking cessation with varenicline, a selective alpha4beta2 nicotinic receptor partial agonist: results from a 7-week, randomized, placebo- and bupropion-controlled trial with 1-year follow-up
Los Angeles Clinical Trials, 2990 S Sepulveda Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90064, USA
Arch Intern Med 166:1561-8. 2006
..This study evaluated the efficacy, tolerability, and safety of 3 varenicline doses for smoking cessation. Bupropion hydrochloride was included as an active control...
- Maximizing smoking cessation in clinical practice: pharmacologic and behavioral interventions
Los Angeles Clinical Trails, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
Prev Cardiol 10:23-30. 2007
- Hollywood quits--behind the scenes of a Hollywood-based smoking cessation program
Los Angeles Clinical Trials, Burbank, CA 91505, USA trials com
Am J Health Behav 31:705-18. 2007
..To develop, implement, and assess the efficacy of a comprehensive, evidence-based smoking cessation program for entertainment industry workers and their families...
- Efficacy and safety of the novel selective nicotinic acetylcholine receptor partial agonist, varenicline, for smoking cessation
University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Arch Intern Med 166:1571-7. 2006
- Varenicline, an alpha4beta2 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor partial agonist, vs sustained-release bupropion and placebo for smoking cessation: a randomized controlled trial
Smoking Cessation Center, Department of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
JAMA 296:47-55. 2006
..The alpha4beta2 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChRs) are linked to the reinforcing effects of nicotine and maintaining smoking behavior. Varenicline, a novel alpha4beta2 nAChR partial agonist, may be beneficial for smoking cessation...
- Comparative testing of 5 nicotine systems: initial use and preferences
Nina G Schneider
Nicotine Dependence Research Unit, Greater Los Angeles Veterans Administration, West Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Am J Health Behav 28:72-86. 2004
..To test initial reactions to 5 nicotine treatments (NRTs: 2 and 4 mg gum, inhaler, nasal spray, tablet) in a crossover study (n=41)...
- Smoking reduction in the Lung Health Study
Departments of Psychiatry, Psychology and Family Practice, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05401 1419, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 6:275-80. 2004
..We conclude that reduction can be maintained but such reduction neither predicts an increased nor decreased probability of future cessation...