Murray J Leikis
Affiliation: Wellington Hospital
Country: New Zealand
- Haemoglobin response to subcutaneous versus intravenous epoetin alfa administration in iron-replete haemodialysis patientsMurray J Leikis
Department of Nephrology, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Nephrology (Carlton) 9:153-60. 2004..It was hypothesized that patients with adequate iron stores who are switched from one route of administration to the other without a change in dose will experience substantially less change in their Hb concentration...
- Exercise performance falls over time in patients with chronic kidney disease despite maintenance of hemoglobin concentrationMurray J Leikis
Department of Nephrology, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 1:488-95. 2006..As renal function declined over time, there was a corresponding decline in exercise performance even when [Hb] was maintained...
- Impaired exercise performance and muscle Na(+),K(+)-pump activity in renal transplantation and haemodialysis patientsAaron C Petersen
Muscle, Ions and Exercise Group, Institute of Sport, Exercise and Active Living ISEAL, Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia
Nephrol Dial Transplant 27:2036-43. 2012..We examined whether abnormal skeletal muscle Na(+),K(+)-pumps underlie impaired exercise performance in haemodialysis patients (HDP) and whether these are improved in renal transplant recipients (RTx)...
- Effects of endurance training on extrarenal potassium regulation and exercise performance in patients on haemodialysisAaron C Petersen
Centre for Ageing, Rehabilitation, Exercise and Sport, Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:2882-8. 2009..Epoetin treatment and exercise training improve exercise performance in HDP, but whether this is associated with improved K(+) regulation is unknown...
- Mortality in dialysis patients may not be associated with ESA dose: a 2-year prospective observational studyLawrence P McMahon
Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
BMC Nephrol 13:40. 2012..Nonetheless, a causative role has not been demonstrated, and this potential relationship requires further appraisal in such a complex patient group...