Affiliation: Upper Hutt
Country: New Zealand
- Tracing lifestyle adaptation in prokaryotic genomesEric Altermann
Rumen Microbiology, Animal Nutrition and Health Capability Group, Grasslands Research Centre, AgResearch Limited Palmerston North, New Zealand
Front Microbiol 3:48. 2012..FGD provides a new tool for comparative microbial genomics and the interpretation of differences in the genetic makeup of bacteria...
- The role of cell surface architecture of lactobacilli in host-microbe interactions in the gastrointestinal tractRanjita Sengupta
Food Nutrition and Health Team, Food and Bio based Products Group, Palmerston North 4442, New Zealand
Mediators Inflamm 2013:237921. 2013..Identification of the relevant bacterial ligands and their host receptors is imperative for a better understanding of the mechanisms through which lactobacilli exert their beneficial effects on human health...
- Group-specific comparison of four lactobacilli isolated from human sources using differential blast analysisEric Altermann
AgResearch Limited, Rumiant Nutrition and Microbiology, Grasslands Research Center, Tennent Drive, Private Bag 11008, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Genes Nutr 6:319-40. 2011..acidophilus NCFM, DBA proved to be a valuable tool to identify new key genetic regions for functional genomics and also suggested re-classification of previously annotated genes...
- Analysis of evolutionary patterns of genes in Campylobacter jejuni and C. coliLars Snipen
Department of Chemistry, Biotechnology and Food Sciences, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, As, Norway
Microb Inform Exp 2:8. 2012..abstract:..
- Transposition of Tn916 in the four replicons of the Butyrivibrio proteoclasticus B316(T) genomeAdrian L Cookson
Agri Foods and Health Section Ruminant Nutrition and Microbiology, Food and Health Group, AgResearch Limited, Grasslands Research Centre, Palmerston North, New Zealand
FEMS Microbiol Lett 316:144-51. 2011....
- A comparison of analog and Next-Generation transcriptomic tools for mammalian studiesNicole C Roy
Food Nutrition Genomics, Agri Foods and Health Section, AgResearch Grasslands, Tennent Drive, New Zealand
Brief Funct Genomics 10:135-50. 2011..Additionally, multireads and splice junctions can cause problems when mapping the sequences back to a genome, and concepts such as cloud computing may be required because of the massive amounts of data generated...