Affiliation: University of Auckland
Country: New Zealand
- Effects of identification technique, extraction method, and stimulus type on mismatch negativity in adults and childrenMridula Sharma
National Acoustic Laboratories, Sydney, Australia
J Am Acad Audiol 15:616-32. 2004..For both children and adults, speech stimuli and one of the chords most consistently elicited MMN...
- Electrophysiological and behavioral evidence of auditory processing deficits in children with reading disorderM Sharma
University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Clin Neurophysiol 117:1130-44. 2006..The aim of the research was to investigate auditory processing abilities in children with reading disorders using electrophysiological and behavioral tasks...
- Refractory effects on auditory-evoked responses in children with reading disordersMridula Sharma
Department of Psychology, Tamaki Campus, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Neuroreport 18:133-6. 2007..No group differences were evident for P1. The results suggest that children with reading disorders have different and slower underlying neural responses than typically developing children...
- A randomized control trial of interventions in school-aged children with auditory processing disordersMridula Sharma
Department of Linguistics Audiology, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
Int J Audiol 51:506-18. 2012..Another purpose was to determine the benefits of personal FM systems...
- Comorbidity of auditory processing, language, and reading disordersMridula Sharma
Macquarie University Linguistics, Building C5, Room 513, Macquarie University, Sydney, New South Wales 2106, Australia
J Speech Lang Hear Res 52:706-22. 2009..The authors assessed comorbidity of auditory processing disorder (APD), language impairment (LI), and reading disorder (RD) in school-age children...
- Do children with reading delay benefit from the use of personal FM systems in the classroom?Suzanne C Purdy
Speech Science, Department of Psychology, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Int J Audiol 48:843-52. 2009..It is likely that a longer FM trial or a specific reading intervention combined with FM will be required for the benefits of enhanced listening to affect performance on standardized reading tests...
- Evaluation of real-world preferences and performance of hearing aids fitted according to the NAL-NL1 and DSL v5 procedures in children with moderately severe to profound hearing lossTian Kar Quar
Department of Linguistics, Macquarie University, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Int J Audiol 52:322-32. 2013..The study aims to compare the performance of hearing aids fitted according to the NAL-NL1 and DSL v5 prescriptive procedure for children...
- Cortical auditory evoked responses from an implanted ear after 50 years of profound unilateral deafnessCelene McNeill
Healthy Hearing and Balance Care, NSW, Australia
Cochlear Implants Int 8:189-99. 2007..Three months after implantation the cortical responses for the two ears were similar, despite more than 50 years of unilateral auditory deprivation. CAEPs measured over time show evidence of binaural interaction and improvements in SRS...
- Sexual dimorphism is associated with decreased expression of processed myostatin in malesChristopher D McMahon
Animal Genomics, AgResearch Ltd, Ruakura Agricultural Centre, Hamilton 2001, New Zealand
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 284:E377-81. 2003....