Anne Thea McGill
Affiliation: University of Auckland
Country: New Zealand
- No evidence of differential effects of SFA, MUFA or PUFA on post-ingestive satiety and energy intake: a randomised trial of fatty acid saturationCaroline M Strik
Human Nutrition Unit, School of Biological Sciences and Department of Medicine, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Nutr J 9:24. 2010..This study investigated the effects of changes in fatty acid saturation on post-ingestive satiety and energy intake...
- Low-dose whey protein-enriched water beverages alter satiety in a study of overweight womenSally D Poppitt
Human Nutrition Unit, 18 Carrick Place, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand
Appetite 56:456-64. 2011..To determine the effect of low-dose whey protein-enriched water beverages on postprandial satiety and energy intake (EI)...
- No effect of an oleoylethanolamide-related phospholipid on satiety and energy intake: a randomised controlled trial of phosphatidylethanolamineF E Lithander
Human Nutrition Unit, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Lipids Health Dis 7:41. 2008..Visual analogue scales (VAS) were used to assess post-ingestive hunger and satiety, and energy intake (EI) was measured at an ad libitum lunch meal after 3.5 hours...
- Relationships of low serum vitamin D3 with anthropometry and markers of the metabolic syndrome and diabetes in overweight and obesityAnne Thea McGill
University of Auckland Human Nutrition Unit, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Nutr J 7:4. 2008..In the current study, serum vitamin D3 was inversely related to weight, BMI and markers of TIIDM (large waist, raised HbA1c) but not to adipose mass nor to MetSyn per se...
- Malnutritive obesity ('malnubesity'): is it driven by human brain evolution?Anne Thea McGill
University of Auckland Human Nutrition Unit, School of Population Health, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Metab Syndr Relat Disord 6:241-6. 2008....
- Sensitivity of ad libitum meals to detect changes in hunger. Restricted-item or multi-item testmeals in the design of preload appetite studiesKaty R Wiessing
Human Nutrition Unit, University of Auckland, 18 Carrick Place, Mount Eden, Auckland, New Zealand
Appetite 58:1076-82. 2012..1% compensation; M(I): -993 kJ, 28.4% compensation). In preload studies measuring EI, increasing the variety of an ad lib testmeal may not decrease the sensitivity to detect changes in hunger and fullness...
- Case finding of lifestyle and mental health disorders in primary care: validation of the 'CHAT' toolFelicity Goodyear-Smith
Department of General Practice and Primary Health Care, School of Population Health, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Br J Gen Pract 58:26-31. 2008..This tool checks for tobacco use, alcohol and other drug misuse, problem gambling, depression, anxiety and stress, abuse, anger problems, inactivity, and eating disorders. It is well accepted by patients, GPs and nurses...
- Influence of tail versus cardiac sampling on blood glucose and lipid profiles in miceYih Kai Chan
Human Nutrition Unit, The University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Lab Anim 46:142-7. 2012..They illustrate the need to standardize sampling sites, especially when repeated blood sampling is required...
- Supplementation of a high-carbohydrate breakfast with barley beta-glucan improves postprandial glycaemic response for meals but not beveragesSally D Poppitt
University of Auckland, Human Nutrition Unit, 18 Carrick Place, Mount Eden, Auckland, New Zealand
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 16:16-24. 2007....