Affiliation: University of Auckland
Country: New Zealand
- YB-1: oncoprotein, prognostic marker and therapeutic target?Annette Lasham
Department of Molecular Medicine and Pathology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Biochem J 449:11-23. 2013..We also argue that there is strong and sufficient evidence to suggest that YB-1 is an excellent molecular marker of cancer progression that could be used in the clinic, and that YB-1 could be a useful target for cancer therapy...
- YB-1, the E2F pathway, and regulation of tumor cell growthAnnette Lasham
Department of Molecular Medicine and Pathology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
J Natl Cancer Inst 104:133-46. 2012..Y-box binding factor 1 (YB-1) has been associated with prognosis in many tumor types. Reduced YB-1 expression inhibits tumor cell growth, but the mechanism is unclear...
- The importance of RT-qPCR primer design for the detection of siRNA-mediated mRNA silencingMike Herbert
Genesis Research and Development Corporation, Ltd, PO Box 50, Auckland 1140, New Zealand
BMC Res Notes 4:148. 2011..abstract:..
- Links between the oncoprotein YB-1 and small non-coding RNAs in breast cancerCherie Blenkiron
Department of Molecular Medicine and Pathology, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand Department of Surgery, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
PLoS ONE 8:e80171. 2013....
- A rapid and sensitive method to detect siRNA-mediated mRNA cleavage in vivo using 5' RACE and a molecular beacon probeAnnette Lasham
Genesis Research and Development Corporation Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
Nucleic Acids Res 38:e19. 2010..With its sensitivity and specificity, this variation on the 5'RACE method should prove a useful tool to detect mRNA cleavage and corroborate knockdown studies following siRNA use in vivo...