Dione M Healey
Affiliation: University of Otago
Country: New Zealand
- Sleep hygiene intervention for youth aged 10 to 18 years with problematic sleep: a before-after pilot studyEvan Tan
Department of Women s and Children s Health, Dunedin School of Medicine, University of Otago, P O Box 913, Dunedin, 9016, New Zealand
BMC Pediatr 12:189. 2012..The current study aimed to examine the changes following a sleep hygiene intervention on sleep hygiene practices, sleep quality, and daytime symptoms in youth...
- The impact of impairment criteria on rates of ADHD diagnoses in preschoolersDione M Healey
Department of Psychology, University of Otago, PO Box 56, Dunedin, 9054, New Zealand
J Abnorm Child Psychol 36:771-8. 2008..These findings are discussed in terms of the importance of using impairment criteria, rather than just severity of inattention, impulsivity and hyperactivity, when diagnosing ADHD in preschool children...
- Moderating effects of neurocognitive abilities on the relationship between temperament and global functioningDione M Healey
University of Otago Psychology, Dunedin, New Zealand
Child Neuropsychol 16:20-31. 2010..These findings support past literature and indicate that emotional and cognitive functioning interact to effect young children's global functioning...
- Mother-child dyadic synchrony is associated with better functioning in hyperactive/inattentive preschool childrenDione M Healey
Department of Psychology, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 51:1058-66. 2010..We examined whether the quality of mother-child interaction accounts for variance in level of functioning among preschool children with elevated ADHD symptoms...
- Examining the interplay among negative emotionality, cognitive functioning, and attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder symptom severityDione M Healey
1Department of Psychology, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 17:502-10. 2011..Emotional and neuropsychological functioning, both individually and in combination, play a significant role in the expression of ADHD symptom severity...