David E Stevenson
Affiliation: The Horticulture and Food Research Institute of New Zealand
Country: New Zealand
- Polyphenolic phytochemicals--just antioxidants or much more?D E Stevenson
Horticulture and Food Research Institute of New Zealand, Private Bag 3123, Waikato Mail Centre, Hamilton 3240, New Zealand
Cell Mol Life Sci 64:2900-16. 2007....
- Comparison of the relative recovery of polyphenolics in two fruit extracts from a model of degradation during digestion and metabolismDavid E Stevenson
The Horticulture and Food Research Institute of New Zealand, Hamilton, New Zealand
Mol Nutr Food Res 51:939-45. 2007....
- Comparison of enzymically glucuronidated flavonoids with flavonoid aglycones in an in vitro cellular model of oxidative stress protectionDavid E Stevenson
The Horticulture and Food Research Institute of New Zealand, Private Bag 3123, Waikato Mail Centre, Hamilton 3240, New Zealand
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 44:73-80. 2008..1-10 microM) for circulating dietary polyphenolics detected in the body. Therefore, some flavonoids may retain a reduced cytoprotective capacity in vitro, after glucuronidation, whereas others may be effectively inactivated...
- Methylated polyphenols are poor "chemical" antioxidants but can still effectively protect cells from hydrogen peroxide-induced cytotoxicityDawei Deng
HortResearch, The Horticulture and Food Research Institute of New Zealand, Private Bag 92 169, Mt Albert, Auckland, New Zealand
FEBS Lett 580:5247-50. 2006..It appears that the protective mechanism of polyphenolic antioxidants against high concentrations of hydrogen peroxide in human cells may be largely unrelated to chemical antioxidant capacity...
- The potential influence of fruit polyphenols on colonic microflora and human gut healthShanthi G Parkar
The Horticulture and Food Research Institute of New Zealand Limited, Private Bag 3123, Hamilton, New Zealand
Int J Food Microbiol 124:295-8. 2008..rhamnosus. Polyphenols appear to have potential to alter gut microecology and, by affecting the total number of beneficial microflora in the gut, may confer positive gut health benefits...
- Preparative enzymatic synthesis of glucuronides of zearalenone and five of its metabolitesDavid E Stevenson
HortResearch Ltd, Ruakura Research Centre, Private Bag 3123, Hamilton, New Zealand
J Agric Food Chem 56:4032-8. 2008..80% based on the resorcylic acid lactone starting material. LC-UV-MS (2) analysis of purified specimens revealed MS (2) fragmentations useful for defining the point of attachment of the glucuronide moiety to the zearalenone nucleus...
- Fecal microbial metabolism of polyphenols and its effects on human gut microbiotaShanthi G Parkar
The New Zealand Institute for Plant and Food Research Limited, Private Bag 3123, Waikato Mail Centre, Hamilton 3240, New Zealand Electronic address
Anaerobe 23:12-9. 2013..It appears that dietary polyphenols may have the ability to modify the gut microbial balance, but this effect is indirect, i.e., it is mediated by biotransformation products, rather than the original plant compounds. ..
- Red colouration in apple fruit is due to the activity of the MYB transcription factor, MdMYB10Richard V Espley
HortResearch, Mt Albert Research Centre, Private Bag 92169, Auckland, New Zealand
Plant J 49:414-27. 2007..Characterization of MdMYB10 has implications for the development of new varieties through classical breeding or a biotechnological approach...