David E Stevenson
Affiliation: The Horticulture and Food Research Institute of New Zealand
Country: New Zealand
- Polyphenolic phytochemicals--just antioxidants or much more?D E Stevenson
Horticulture and Food Research Institute of New Zealand, Private Bag 3123, Waikato Mail Centre, Hamilton 3240, New Zealand
Cell Mol Life Sci 64:2900-16. 2007....
- Comparison of the relative recovery of polyphenolics in two fruit extracts from a model of degradation during digestion and metabolismDavid E Stevenson
The Horticulture and Food Research Institute of New Zealand, Hamilton, New Zealand
Mol Nutr Food Res 51:939-45. 2007....
- Comparison of enzymically glucuronidated flavonoids with flavonoid aglycones in an in vitro cellular model of oxidative stress protectionDavid E Stevenson
The Horticulture and Food Research Institute of New Zealand, Private Bag 3123, Waikato Mail Centre, Hamilton 3240, New Zealand
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 44:73-80. 2008..1-10 microM) for circulating dietary polyphenolics detected in the body. Therefore, some flavonoids may retain a reduced cytoprotective capacity in vitro, after glucuronidation, whereas others may be effectively inactivated...
- Methylated polyphenols are poor "chemical" antioxidants but can still effectively protect cells from hydrogen peroxide-induced cytotoxicityDawei Deng
HortResearch, The Horticulture and Food Research Institute of New Zealand, Private Bag 92 169, Mt Albert, Auckland, New Zealand
FEBS Lett 580:5247-50. 2006..It appears that the protective mechanism of polyphenolic antioxidants against high concentrations of hydrogen peroxide in human cells may be largely unrelated to chemical antioxidant capacity...
- The potential influence of fruit polyphenols on colonic microflora and human gut healthShanthi G Parkar
The Horticulture and Food Research Institute of New Zealand Limited, Private Bag 3123, Hamilton, New Zealand
Int J Food Microbiol 124:295-8. 2008..rhamnosus. Polyphenols appear to have potential to alter gut microecology and, by affecting the total number of beneficial microflora in the gut, may confer positive gut health benefits...
- Preparative enzymatic synthesis of glucuronides of zearalenone and five of its metabolitesDavid E Stevenson
HortResearch Ltd, Ruakura Research Centre, Private Bag 3123, Hamilton, New Zealand
J Agric Food Chem 56:4032-8. 2008..80% based on the resorcylic acid lactone starting material. LC-UV-MS (2) analysis of purified specimens revealed MS (2) fragmentations useful for defining the point of attachment of the glucuronide moiety to the zearalenone nucleus...
- Red colouration in apple fruit is due to the activity of the MYB transcription factor, MdMYB10Richard V Espley
HortResearch, Mt Albert Research Centre, Private Bag 92169, Auckland, New Zealand
Plant J 49:414-27. 2007..Characterization of MdMYB10 has implications for the development of new varieties through classical breeding or a biotechnological approach...