Country: New Zealand
- Is late-night salivary cortisol a better screening test for possible cortisol excess than standard screening tests in obese patients with Type 2 diabetes?Elna Ellis
Christchurch Hospital, Christchurch, New Zealand
N Z Med J 125:47-58. 2012....
- Prandial regulation of ghrelin secretion in humans: does glucagon contribute to the preprandial increase in circulating ghrelin?Steven Soule
Department of Endocrinology, Christchurch School of Medicine, University of Otago, Christchurch, New Zealand
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 63:412-7. 2005..The objective of the study was to explore this hypothesis by determining the ghrelin and GH response to a bolus of glucagon or saline in healthy subjects...
- Intermittent severe, symptomatic hyponatraemia due to the nephrogenic syndrome of inappropriate antidiuresisSteven Soule
Department of Endocrinology, Canterbury Health Laboratories, University of Otago Christchurch School of Medicine and Hospital, Christchurch, New Zealand
Ann Clin Biochem 45:520-3. 2008..Patients with idiopathic SIADH, particularly those with unmeasurable circulating AVP concentrations, should be considered for mutational screening of AVPR2...
- Endocrine encephalopathyKing W Yong
RMO Unit, Christchurch Hospital, Private Bag 4710, Christchurch, New Zealand
N Z Med J 127:85-7. 2014..Thyroxine replacement was commenced, with the methyprednisolone switched to oral prednisone and slowly weaned. The patient had no further seizures and ultimately made a full recovery. ..
- C-terminal pro-ghrelin peptides are present in the human circulationChris Pemberton
Christchurch Cardioendocrine Research Group, Christchurch School of Medicine, University of Otago, Christchurch, New Zealand
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 310:567-73. 2003..This is the first evidence for potential circulating hormones derived from the carboxyl terminus of pro-ghrelin and for their modulation in cardiovascular diseases...