Andrew M Edwards
Affiliation: Palmerston North
Country: New Zealand
- Thermoregulatory observations in soccer match play: professional and recreational level applications using an intestinal pill system to measure core temperatureA M Edwards
Leeds Metropolitan University, Carnegie Faculty of Sport and Education, Leeds, UK
Br J Sports Med 40:133-8. 2006..Technological limitations associated with oesophageal and rectal temperature probes have previously limited match play observations of body temperature...
- Influence of moderate dehydration on soccer performance: physiological responses to 45 min of outdoor match-play and the immediate subsequent performance of sport-specific and mental concentration testsAndrew M Edwards
Leeds Metropolitan University, Carnegie Research Institute, Leeds, UK
Br J Sports Med 41:385-91. 2007..To determine whether moderate water loss (approximately 1.5-2% of body mass (BM)) represents a significant impairment to soccer match-play and the related fitness variables...
- Concurrent inspiratory muscle and cardiovascular training differentially improves both perceptions of effort and 5000 m running performance compared with cardiovascular training aloneA M Edwards
UCOL Institute of Technology, School of Applied Health Sciences, Cnr of Princess and Queen St, Palmerston North, 4412, New Zealand
Br J Sports Med 42:823-7. 2008..To examine whether inspiratory muscle training (IMT) is a useful additional technique with which to augment cardiovascular exercise training adaptations...
- Dehydration: cause of fatigue or sign of pacing in elite soccer?Andrew M Edwards
UCOL Institute of Technology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Sports Med 39:1-13. 2009..In summary, we suggest that dehydration is only an outcome of complex physiological control (operating a pacing plan) and no single metabolic factor is causal of fatigue in elite soccer...
- Influence of crank length on cycle ergometry performance of well-trained female cross-country mountain bike athletesPaul William Macdermid
Universal College of Learning, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Eur J Appl Physiol 108:177-82. 2010....
- Inspiratory muscle training and endurance: a central metabolic control perspectiveAndrew M Edwards
UCOL Institute of Technology, Applied Health Sciences, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Int J Sports Physiol Perform 4:122-8. 2009..This commentary examines the pertinent research and practical performance implications of IMT from the holistic perspective of complex central metabolic control...