Conroy A Wong
Affiliation: Middlemore Hospital
Country: New Zealand
- Inhaled corticosteroid use and bone-mineral density in patients with asthmaC A Wong
Division of Respiratory Medicine, City Hospital, Nottingham, UK
Lancet 355:1399-403. 2000..The question is important since 3% of the European population take an inhaled corticosteroid regularly and may do so for many years...
- Effects of asthma and asthma therapies on bone mineral densityConroy A Wong
Department of Medicine, Middlemore Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Curr Opin Pulm Med 8:39-44. 2002..However, the benefits of inhaled corticosteroids in the treatment of asthma remain far greater than the risks. The data for the effects of other asthma therapies on bone mineral density are limited...
- The training, experience, and confidence of junior doctors in performing pleural proceduresConroy A Wong
Department of Medicine, Middlemore Hospital, Hospital Road, Otahuhu, Auckland 1062, New Zealand
N Z Med J 122:23-32. 2009..Pleural procedures may cause patient discomfort and serious complications if performed inadequately. We surveyed junior doctors to provide information about training and experience...
- The impact of oral corticosteroid use on bone mineral density and vertebral fractureLesley J Walsh
Division of Respiratory Medicine and Radiology, City Hospital, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 166:691-5. 2002..Cumulative prednisolone dose is strongly related to fracture risk, and this effect is independent of its more modest impact on BMD...
- Adverse effects of oral corticosteroids in relation to dose in patients with lung diseaseL J Walsh
Division of Respiratory Medicine, City Hospital, Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK
Thorax 56:279-84. 2001..In a two part cross sectional study we compared adverse effects in patients with lung disease taking oral corticosteroids and control subjects and related the adverse effects to corticosteroid dose in the patient group...
- Pleural effusion in patients with pulmonary embolismElaine Yap
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Middlemore Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Respirology 13:832-6. 2008....