Frances M Wolber
Affiliation: Massey University
Country: New Zealand
- Long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids alter membrane-bound RANK-L expression and osteoprotegerin secretion by MC3T3-E1 osteoblast-like cellsRaewyn C Poulsen
Institute of Food, Nutrition and Human Health, Massey University, Private Bag 11 222, Palmerston North 4442, New Zealand
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 85:42-8. 2008..EPA and DHA have no effect on membrane-bound RANKL expression in cells cultured under standard conditions however both EPA and DHA inhibit the PGE2-induced increase in RANKL expression in MC3T3-E1/4 cells...
- Kiwifruit and mineral nutritionFrances M Wolber
Department of Human Nutrition and Physiology, Massey University, Auckland, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Adv Food Nutr Res 68:233-56. 2013..Recent research in cells, animals, and humans has demonstrated that kiwifruit, particularly the gold variety, can increase the uptake and retention of the essential dietary minerals iron, calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium...
- Supplemental dietary whey protein concentrate reduces rotavirus-induced disease symptoms in suckling miceFrances M Wolber
Institute of Food, Nutrition, and Human Health, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand
J Nutr 135:1470-4. 2005..Thus, prophylactic treatment with WPC-IC may reduce rotaviral disease by decreasing the prevalence of severe diarrhea and by decreasing the time period during which severe symptoms and high viral shedding occur...
- Consumption of gold kiwifruit reduces severity and duration of selected upper respiratory tract infection symptoms and increases plasma vitamin C concentration in healthy older adultsDenise C Hunter
The New Zealand Institute for Plant and Food Research Limited, 120 Mt Albert Road, Auckland Mail Centre, Auckland, New Zealand
Br J Nutr 108:1235-45. 2012....
- Homing efficiency, cell cycle kinetics, and survival of quiescent and cycling human CD34(+) cells transplanted into conditioned NOD/SCID recipientsAnna Jetmore
Department of Medicine, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, 46202 5121, USA
Blood 99:1585-93. 2002..These data also illustrate that trafficking of transplanted cells to the BM is not selective, but lodgment of BM-homed cells may be specific...