Genomes and Genes
J S Munday
Affiliation: Massey University
Country: New Zealand
- Munday J, Banyay K, Aberdein D, French A. Development of an injection site sarcoma shortly after meloxicam injection in an unvaccinated cat. J Feline Med Surg. 2011;13:988-91 pubmed publisher..This suggests that injection of both vaccines and non-vaccine medications should be minimised to reduce the risk of ISS development. ..
- Munday J, Dunowska M, Laurie R, Hills S. Genomic characterisation of canine papillomavirus type 17, a possible rare cause of canine oral squamous cell carcinoma. Vet Microbiol. 2016;182:135-40 pubmed publisher..While it appears CPV-17 is only rarely present in canine oral SCCs, evidence suggests that this PV could influence the development of oral SCCs in this species. ..
- Roperto S, Munday J, Corrado F, Goria M, Roperto F. Detection of bovine papillomavirus type 14 DNA sequences in urinary bladder tumors in cattle. Vet Microbiol. 2016;190:1-4 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this is the first study to show the presence of BPV-14 in Europe, suggesting that BPV-14, like other ?PVs, has a worldwide distribution. ..
- Munday J, Fairley R, Atkinson K. The detection of Felis catus papillomavirus 3 DNA in a feline bowenoid in situ carcinoma with novel histologic features and benign clinical behavior. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2016;28:612-5 pubmed publisher..Results from this single case suggest that BISCs caused by FcaPV-3 may have a more benign clinical course than those caused by FcaPV-2. ..
- Munday J, Brennan M, Kiupel M. Altered expression of beta-catenin, E-cadherin, cycloxygenase-2, and p53 protein by ovine intestinal adenocarcinoma cells. Vet Pathol. 2006;43:613-21 pubmed..These results provide additional evidence that sheep could be useful for the study of human colonic cancer. ..
- Munday J, Aberdein D, Squires R, Alfaras A, Wilson A. Persistent conjunctival papilloma due to oral papillomavirus infection in a rabbit in New Zealand. J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci. 2007;46:69-71 pubmed..Alternatively, the death of this rabbit may indicate a compromised immune system that allowed papillomaviral persistence...
- Munday J, Willis K, Kiupel M, Hill F, Dunowska M. Amplification of three different papillomaviral DNA sequences from a cat with viral plaques. Vet Dermatol. 2008;19:400-4 pubmed publisher..Additionally, it is the first report of multiple PVs being detected in a single sample from a cat. This may suggest that FIV infection predisposes cats to cutaneous PV infection. ..
- Munday J, French A, Gibson I, Gwynne K. Widespread mismatch repair protein expression in canine cutaneous mast cell tumors. Vet Pathol. 2009;46:227-32 pubmed publisher..There were no significant differences in MMR protein expression between grade II and grade III MCTs. These results do not support the hypothesis that inherited MMR defects predispose some dogs to MCT development...
- Munday J, Peters Kennedy J. Consistent detection of Felis domesticus papillomavirus 2 DNA sequences within feline viral plaques. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2010;22:946-9 pubmed..As FdPV-2 DNA is frequently present within BISCs, this suggests that FdPV-2 induces viral plaque formation and then remains detectible after neoplastic transformation...
- Munday J, Dunowska M, Hills S, Laurie R. Genomic characterization of Felis catus papillomavirus-3: a novel papillomavirus detected in a feline Bowenoid in situ carcinoma. Vet Microbiol. 2013;165:319-25 pubmed publisher..As FcaPV-3 has over 60% nucleotide similarity with the ORF L1 of both tau-PVs, it is proposed that FcaPV-3 is classified in the genus Taupapillomavirus and is the first non-canine PV in this genus. ..
- Munday J, Vaatstra B, Dunowska M, Laurie R, Hills S. Genomic characterization of a novel Epsilonpapillomavirus associated with pigmented papillomas in a red deer (Cervus elaphus). Virus Genes. 2016;52:633-9 pubmed publisher..This is the first EpsilonPV to be identified in a non-bovine species and the first non-DeltaPV to be identified as a cause of disease in any deer species. ..
- Aberdein D, Munday J, Gandolfi B, Dittmer K, Malik R, Garrick D, et al. A FAS-ligand variant associated with autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome in cats. Mamm Genome. 2017;28:47-55 pubmed publisher..These results will enable the development of a genetic test to detect BSH carrier animals. ..
- Munday J, Thomson N, Luff J. Papillomaviruses in dogs and cats. Vet J. 2017;225:23-31 pubmed publisher..These diseases are discussed in this review. Additionally, there is a brief overview of PV biology, including how these viruses cause disease. Diagnostic techniques and possible methods to prevent PV infection are also discussed. ..
- Munday J, Dittmer K, Thomson N, Hills S, Laurie R. Genomic characterisation of Felis catus papillomavirus type 5 with proposed classification within a new papillomavirus genus. Vet Microbiol. 2017;207:50-55 pubmed publisher..While additional study of further lesions of this type is required, it is possible that FcaPV-5 may be able to infect a broader range of cells than other PV types. ..