Affiliation: Massey University
Country: New Zealand
- Progressive resistance training during hemodialysis: rationale and method of a randomized-controlled trialBirinder S B Cheema
Institute of Food, Nutrition and Human Health, Te Kura Hangarua o Kai oranga a tangata, Massey University, Wellington, New Zealand
Hemodial Int 10:303-10. 2006..Potential areas for modification of PRT regimens in this setting are also presented...
- Progressive exercise for anabolism in kidney disease (PEAK): a randomized, controlled trial of resistance training during hemodialysisBobby Cheema
School of Exercise and Sport Science and Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney, Australia
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:1594-601. 2007..Longer training durations or more sensitive analysis techniques may be required to document alterations in muscle CSA...
- Progressive resistance training in breast cancer: a systematic review of clinical trialsBobby Cheema
Institute of Food, Nutrition and Human Health, Te Kura Hangarua o Kai oranga a tangata, Massey University, Wellington Campus, Private Bag 756, Wellington, New Zealand
Breast Cancer Res Treat 109:9-26. 2008..Therefore, our objectives were: (1) to systematically review studies that have prescribed PRT after breast cancer surgery, (2) to summarize the efficacy of PRT in this cohort, and (3) to delineate areas for future investigations...
- Randomized controlled trial of intradialytic resistance training to target muscle wasting in ESRD: the Progressive Exercise for Anabolism in Kidney Disease (PEAK) studyBobby Cheema
School of Exercise and Sport Science, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Am J Kidney Dis 50:574-84. 2007..To determine whether prolonged (24 weeks) intradialytic progressive resistance training (PRT) could counteract muscle wasting more effectively than short-duration training (12 weeks) in patients with end-stage renal disease...
- Review article: Tackling the survival issue in end-stage renal disease: time to get physical on haemodialysisBirinder Singh Bobby Cheema
Institute of Food, Nutrition and Human Health, Division of Exercise and Sport Science, College of Sciences, Massey University, Wellington, New Zealand
Nephrology (Carlton) 13:560-9. 2008....