F M Alpass
Affiliation: Massey University
Country: New Zealand
- The influence of ethnicity and gender on caregiver health in older New ZealandersFiona Alpass
School of Psychology, Massey University, Private Bag 11 222, Palmerston North, New Zealand 4410
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 68:783-93. 2013..We hypothesized that those providing higher levels of care and more care across time would have poorer health outcomes and that these relationships would be moderated by ethnicity and gender...
- Loneliness, health and depression in older malesF M Alpass
School of Psychology, Massey University, New Zealand
Aging Ment Health 7:212-6. 2003....
- Independence, well-being, and social participation in an aging populationFiona Alpass
School of Psychology, Massey University, Private Bag 11222, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1114:241-50. 2007....
- Virtuously watching one's health: older adults' regulation of self in the pursuit of healthRachael Pond
Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand
J Health Psychol 15:734-43. 2010..However, there is a danger of feeling individually responsible for ill-health, or betrayed when health promotion's promises contradict the experience of an ageing body...
- The Process of Retirement Planning Scale (PRePS): development and validationJack H Noone
School of Psychology, Massey University, P O Box 756, Wellington, New Zealand
Psychol Assess 22:520-31. 2010..The PRePS will also help to determine which domains of retirement planning predict well-being in later life and the factors which differentiate those who are planning from those who are not...
- Factors affecting perceived quality of life of older persons with self-reported visual disabilitySteven La Grow
School of Health and Social Services, Massey University, Private Bag 11222, Palmerston North, New Zealand 44410
Qual Life Res 20:407-13. 2011..The purpose of this paper was to determine the extent to which factors thought to be related to quality of life (QoL) among older persons with a visual disability impact on their perceived QoL (PQol)...
- SF-36v2 norms for New Zealanders aged 55-69 yearsChristine Stephens
School of Psychology, Massey University, Private Bag 11 222, Palmerston North, New Zealand
N Z Med J 123:47-57. 2010..The norms are also available for use in calculating summary physical and mental health summary scores for data from clinical trials and national surveys...
- Birth outcomes across ethnic groups of women in NepalPratima Poudel Acharya
School of Health Sciences, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Health Care Women Int 25:40-54. 2004..Health policymakers should target those ethnic groups and develop culturally based policies to reduce the incidence of low birth weight in Nepal...
- Stress, social support and psychological well-being in older menStephen Neville
School of Health Sciences Albany, Massey University
Nurs Prax N Z 18:50-61. 2002..It appeared that the older the men were the fewer social supports available to them, suggesting the importance of the quality of those supports in maintaining psychological well-being...