F M Alpass
Affiliation: Massey University
Country: New Zealand
- The influence of ethnicity and gender on caregiver health in older new zealandersFiona Alpass
Correspondence should be addressed to Fiona Alpass, School of Psychology, Massey University, Private Bag 11 222, Palmerston North, New Zealand 4410 E mail
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 68:783-93. 2013..Caregiving questions were adapted from the Australian Women's Health study, and health measures were derived from the SF36 Health Survey...
- Loneliness, health and depression in older malesF M Alpass
School of Psychology, Massey University, New Zealand
Aging Ment Health 7:212-6. 2003....
- Independence, well-being, and social participation in an aging populationFiona Alpass
School of Psychology, Massey University, Private Bag 11222, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1114:241-50. 2007....
- Virtuously watching one's health: older adults' regulation of self in the pursuit of healthRachael Pond
Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand
J Health Psychol 15:734-43. 2010..However, there is a danger of feeling individually responsible for ill-health, or betrayed when health promotion's promises contradict the experience of an ageing body...
- The Process of Retirement Planning Scale (PRePS): development and validationJack H Noone
School of Psychology, Massey University, P O Box 756, Wellington, New Zealand
Psychol Assess 22:520-31. 2010..The PRePS will also help to determine which domains of retirement planning predict well-being in later life and the factors which differentiate those who are planning from those who are not...
- Factors affecting perceived quality of life of older persons with self-reported visual disabilitySteven La Grow
School of Health and Social Services, Massey University, Private Bag 11222, Palmerston North, New Zealand 44410
Qual Life Res 20:407-13. 2011..The purpose of this paper was to determine the extent to which factors thought to be related to quality of life (QoL) among older persons with a visual disability impact on their perceived QoL (PQol)...
- SF-36v2 norms for New Zealanders aged 55-69 yearsChristine Stephens
School of Psychology, Massey University, Private Bag 11 222, Palmerston North, New Zealand
N Z Med J 123:47-57. 2010..The norms are also available for use in calculating summary physical and mental health summary scores for data from clinical trials and national surveys...
- Birth outcomes across ethnic groups of women in NepalPratima Poudel Acharya
School of Health Sciences, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Health Care Women Int 25:40-54. 2004..Health policymakers should target those ethnic groups and develop culturally based policies to reduce the incidence of low birth weight in Nepal...
- Stress, social support and psychological well-being in older menStephen Neville
School of Health Sciences Albany, Massey University
Nurs Prax N Z 18:50-61. 2002..It appeared that the older the men were the fewer social supports available to them, suggesting the importance of the quality of those supports in maintaining psychological well-being...