Benjamin J Marsland
Affiliation: Malaghan Institute of Medical Research
Country: New Zealand
- The role of the cytokine milieu in protecting us from allergyBenjamin J Marsland
Malaghan Institute of Medical Research, Wellington
N Z Med J 115:76-7. 2002
- TLR ligands act directly upon T cells to restore proliferation in the absence of protein kinase C-theta signaling and promote autoimmune myocarditisBenjamin J Marsland
Molecular Biomedicine, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Wagistrasse 27, CH 8952 Zurich Schlieren, Switzerland
J Immunol 178:3466-73. 2007....
- Dyslipidemia inhibits Toll-like receptor-induced activation of CD8alpha-negative dendritic cells and protective Th1 type immunityAbdijapar T Shamshiev
Molecular Biomedicine, Institute of Integrative Biology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, 8952 Zurich, Switzerland
J Exp Med 204:441-52. 2007..These results show that a dyslipidemic microenvironment can directly interfere with DC responses to pathogen-derived signals and skew the development of T cell-mediated immunity...
- Strong TCR signaling, TLR ligands, and cytokine redundancies ensure robust development of type 1 effector T cellsChiara Nembrini
Institute of Integrative Biology, Molecular Biomedicine, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich Schlieren, Switzerland
J Immunol 176:7180-8. 2006..Our findings clarify the hierarchical requirements of the major IFN-gamma inducing pathways and highlight the important role TLR ligand-activated DCs have to preserve them...
- CCL19 and CCL21 induce a potent proinflammatory differentiation program in licensed dendritic cellsBenjamin J Marsland
Molecular Biomedicine, Department of Environmental Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, CH 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Immunity 22:493-505. 2005....
- Secretory products from infective forms of Nippostrongylus brasiliensis induce a rapid allergic airway inflammatory responseBenjamin J Marsland
Malaghan Institute of Medical Research, Wellington School of Medicine, University of Otago, Wellington, New Zealand
Immunol Cell Biol 83:40-7. 2005..This disease is characteristic of atopic asthma and can be induced within 11 days, thus providing a platform for the rapid analysis of allergic disease and high throughput testing of immunomodulatory factors...
- Viral infection and allergyBenjamin J Marsland
Nat Immunol 5:865; author reply 865-6. 2004
- Protein kinase C theta is critical for the development of in vivo T helper (Th)2 cell but not Th1 cell responsesBenjamin J Marsland
Molecular Biomedicine, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Wagistr 27, CH8952 Zurich Schlieren, Switzerland
J Exp Med 200:181-9. 2004..Taken together, our results reveal a central role for PKC-theta signaling during Th2 responses...
- Bystander suppression of allergic airway inflammation by lung resident memory CD8+ T cellsBenjamin J Marsland
Malaghan Institute of Medical Research, Wellington School of Medicine, 6002 Wellington, New Zealand
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:6116-21. 2004....
- CD8+ T cells and immunoregulatory networks in asthmaBenjamin J Marsland
Malaghan Institute of Medical Research, Wellington, New Zealand
Springer Semin Immunopathol 25:311-23. 2004..The mechanistic principles underlying this form of immunomodulation should be taken into consideration when developing future forms of therapy and rational vaccine design...
- T-cell fate and function: PKC-theta and beyondBenjamin J Marsland
Institute of Integrative Biology, Molecular Biomedicine, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH, CH 8952 Zurich, Switzerland
Trends Immunol 29:179-85. 2008..In this review, we highlight recent in vivo studies investigating PKC-theta function and discuss this in the context of how the integration of extrinsic signals determines T cell fate and function...