Country: New Zealand
- 2-Aminoacetophenone as a potential breath biomarker for Pseudomonas aeruginosa in the cystic fibrosis lungAmy J Scott-Thomas
Christchurch School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Department of Pathology, University of Otago, Christchurch, 8140, New Zealand
BMC Pulm Med 10:56. 2010..Growth of Ps. aeruginosa releases a "grape-like" odour that has been identified as the microbial volatile organic compound 2-aminoacetophenone (2-AA)...
- Community-acquired pneumonia: influence of management practices on length of hospital stayR Laing
Canterbury Respiratory Research Group, New Zealand
Intern Med J 34:91-7. 2004..To identify variation in the management of -community-acquired pneumonia between two New Zealand hospitals and the factors that may account for any differences...
- Community-acquired pneumonia in Christchurch and Waikato 1999-2000: microbiology and epidemiologyR Laing
Canterbury Respiratory Research Group, Christchurch School of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Otago
N Z Med J 114:488-92. 2001..Ongoing surveillance of antibiotic resistance and variations in the prevalence of organisms causing community-acquired pneumonia is required to guide clinicians' empiric antibiotic use...
- Defining community acquired pneumonia severity on presentation to hospital: an international derivation and validation studyW S Lim
Respiratory Infection Research Group, Respiratory Medicine, Nottingham City Hospital, Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK
Thorax 58:377-82. 2003..A multicentre study was conducted to derive and validate a practical severity assessment model for stratifying adults hospitalised with CAP into different management groups...
- Optimizing antibiotic therapy-the Aberdeen experienceY Kumarasamy
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, UK
Clin Microbiol Infect 9:406-11. 2003....