Affiliation: Christchurch Hospital
Country: New Zealand
- Living on dialysis: concerns of clients in a renal settingNick Polaschek
Renal Medicine, Capital and Coast Health Ltd, Newtown, Wellington, New Zealand
J Adv Nurs 41:44-52. 2003....
- Haemodialysing at home: the client experience of self-treatmentN Polaschek
Renal Services, Capital and Coast Health District Health Board, Newtown, Wellington, New Zealand
EDTNA ERCA J 31:27-30. 2005..This study describing the renal client perspective indicates that, although more demanding for them than in-centre treatment, self-treatment at home can enable a superior quality of life for many people living on dialysis...
- Solution-focused conversations: a new therapeutic strategy in well child health nursing telephone consultationsLinda Polaschek
Royal New Zealand Plunket Society Inc, Wellington, New Zealand
J Adv Nurs 59:111-9. 2007..This paper is a report of a study to explore well child nurses' perceptions of outcomes resulting from the use of solution-focused conversations in their telephone consultations with clients...
- Client attitudes towards home dialysis therapyN Polaschek
Ministry of Health, Wellington, New Zealand
J Ren Care 33:20-4. 2007..There are many studies about the professional problem of renal patient non-compliance and a number describing the experience of living on dialysis. To date studies have not examined client attitudes toward their therapy...
- The experience of living on dialysis: a literature reviewNick Polaschek
Capital and Coast Health Ltd, Wellington, New Zealand
Nephrol Nurs J 30:303-9, 313. 2003..From a better understanding of the experience of people living on dialysis, health professionals can more adequately support them so they can live as fully as possible...
- 'Doing dialysis at home': client attitudes towards renal therapyNick Polaschek
Whitireia Polytechnic, Porirua, New Zealand
J Clin Nurs 16:51-8. 2007..This paper reports a study seeking to describe characteristic attitudes towards their treatment regime among a group living on home dialysis...
- Negotiated care: a model for nursing work in the renal settingNick Polaschek
Renal Medicine, Capital and Coast Health DHB, Newtown, Wellington, New Zealand
J Adv Nurs 42:355-63. 2003..This article outlines a model for the nursing role in the chronic health care context of renal replacement therapy...