Country: New Zealand
- Infant and perinatal outcomes of triplet pregnancy in Auckland: better than expected?Malcolm Battin
Newborn Services, National Women s Health, Auckland City Hospital, Private Bag 92024, Auckland, New Zealand
N Z Med J 122:39-47. 2009....
- Blood pressure measurement at two years in offspring of women randomized to a trial of metformin for GDM: follow up data from the MiG trialMalcolm R Battin
Newborn Services, Auckland City Hospital, 9th Floor, Support Building, Private Bag 92 024, Auckland, New Zealand
BMC Pediatr 15:54. 2015..The secondary aim was to analyze these data by randomization of treatment to insulin or metformin...
- Long term follow up of high risk children: who, why and how?Lex W Doyle
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
BMC Pediatr 14:279. 2014....
- Improvement in mortality of very low birthweight infants and the changing pattern of neonatal mortality: the 50-year experience of one perinatal centreMalcolm R Battin
National Women s Health, Auckland City Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
J Paediatr Child Health 48:596-9. 2012..Neonatology is a relatively new sub-specialty so we aimed to review survival data in the context of advances in neonatal care...
- Growth in the neonatal period after repeat courses of antenatal corticosteroids: data from the ACTORDS randomised trialMalcolm Battin
Newborn Services, Auckland City Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 97:F99-105. 2012..To determine the effect of repeated antenatal corticosteroids on postnatal changes in weight, linear growth and head circumference...
- Neonatal intensive care utilisation by infants born to mothers older than 40 years of age: a 10-year reviewMalcolm Battin
Department of Paediatrics and Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Auckland, Auckland
N Z Med J 120:U2859. 2007..However, there are few data on outcome and utilisation of neonatal resources by this group of infants...
- Neonatal intensive care utilization and neonatal outcome of infants born to women aged 40 years and over in New ZealandM Battin
Auckland City Hospital, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Acta Paediatr 99:219-24. 2010..The second aim was to document trends in the requirement of neonatal intensive care in infants born to women aged 40 years and older...
- Beware of infants with respiratory distress, rash, and hepatomegaly at birth: a case of congenital syphilisMalcolm Battin
University of Auckland and National Women s Health, Auckland
N Z Med J 120:U2448. 2007
- Does head cooling with mild systemic hypothermia affect requirement for blood pressure support?Malcolm R Battin
Newborn Services, National Women s Health, Auckland City Hospital, Private Bag 92 024, Auckland, New Zealand
Pediatrics 123:1031-6. 2009..Our goal was to evaluate whether head cooling with mild systemic hypothermia for neonatal encephalopathy is associated with greater requirement for volume or inotrope support...
- Neonatal long lines: localisation with colour Doppler ultrasonographyA M Groves
Newborn Services, National Women s Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 90:F5. 2005
- Abnormal sagittal sinus blood flow in term infants following a perinatal hypoxic ischaemic insultMalcolm R Battin
Newborn Service, National Women s Hospital, Private Bag 92189, Auckland, New Zealand
Pediatr Radiol 33:559-62. 2003..In both cases the normal pattern of blood flow in the superior sagittal sinus was re-established on follow-up ultrasonography...
- Treatment of term infants with head cooling and mild systemic hypothermia (35.0 degrees C and 34.5 degrees C) after perinatal asphyxiaMalcolm R Battin
Newborn Service, National Women s Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Pediatrics 111:244-51. 2003..To assess the safety of selective head cooling in birth-asphyxiated term newborn infants while maintaining the rectal temperature at 35.0 degrees C or 34.5 degrees C...
- Chest radiographs after removal of chest drains in neonates: clinical benefit or common practice?J van den Boom
Newborn Services, Auckland City Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 92:F46-8. 2007..Chest drain insertion is a common procedure in neonatal care. Routine radiography after removal of chest drains increases radiation exposure, handling and cost, but there are few data proving clinical benefit...
- 13q33.2 deletion: a rare cause of ambiguous genitalia in a male newborn with growth restrictionJ H Andresen
Newborn Services, National Women s Health, Auckland City Hospital, Park Road Grafton, Private Bag 92 024, Auckland, New Zealand
Acta Paediatr 99:784-6. 2010..Microarray analysis found the genes involved to be on chromosome 13 in the region 102989254bp-109214509bp. This deletion encompasses the EFNB2 gene, which has been implicated in genital malformations in 13q deletion cases...
- Outcome of infants receiving in-utero transfusions for haemolytic diseaseB Farrant
National Women's Hospital, Auckland
N Z Med J 114:400-3. 2001..No other infant had audiology or neurodevelopmental abnormality. CONCLUSIONS: This review helps to confirm the good outcome following IUT although some infants continue to require transfusions for up to four months after birth...
- Metformin versus insulin for the treatment of gestational diabetesJanet A Rowan
National Women s Health, Auckland City Hospital, Grafton, Auckland, New Zealand
N Engl J Med 358:2003-15. 2008..Metformin is a logical treatment for women with gestational diabetes mellitus, but randomized trials to assess the efficacy and safety of its use for this condition are lacking...
- The use of ultrasound measurement of fetal lung length to predict neonatal respiratory outcome after prolonged premature rupture of the membranesPeter Stone
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Auckland, National Women s Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Fetal Diagn Ther 20:152-7. 2005..The purpose of this study was to investigate the use of fetal lung length estimation by ultrasound in the prediction of adverse neonatal respiratory outcome after prolonged preterm rupture of the membranes...
- Therapeutic hypothermia: from lab to NICUAlistair Jan Gunn
University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
J Perinat Med 33:340-6. 2005..Both long-term followup studies and further large studies of whole body cooling are in progress...
- Rebound seizures during rewarmingMalcolm Battin
Pediatrics 114:1369. 2004
- MR imaging assessment of myelination in the very preterm brainSerena J Counsell
Robert Steiner Magnetic Resonance Unit, Imaging Sciences Department, Clinical Sciences Centre, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London, England
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 23:872-81. 2002....
- Is there still a place for endotracheal adrenaline in neonatal resuscitation?Malcolm Battin
J Paediatr Child Health 43:504. 2007